What the hell was THAT?!?

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
I had a weird thing happen last night and maybe you guys can figure out what exactly happened? Maybe no, but I figured it's worth a shot...

I was feeling a little gassy last night, the kind of inside gassy that I would take gas-x for, but I forgot because it wasn't anything major, may have been the quest bar that I had at about 3:30.

Then at about 6:15 I was rushing to eat dinner early (long story short, I'm on jury duty and PETRIFIED of having to poop in the middle of the damn trial, and I figured eating early would help me be "empty" by the morning) I was doing a bunch of different things in between eating and I had heated up the leftovers too hot so I took a couple bites and I kept getting distracted. I looked at the clock and saw it was 7:40 and said to myself "holy shit, gotta hurry up!" And ate the rest of my food pretty quickly. Now, it wasn't an enormous amount of food, it was about 6oz of shredded chicken thighs in green curry sauce with some broccoli, something that eaten over an hour would be zero problem for me, maybe there was about half the portion left when I wolfed it.

Then I stood up to go do some other things and got horrible pains in my abdomen. To the point where I felt like I couldn't stand up straight and I hobbled over to the couch and reclined it. Over the next 15 minutes or so, it got worse and worse, to the point where I was whimpering and told my husband he needed to get ready to take me to the hospital. I had him googling what a bowel obstruction feels like because I couldn't focus enough to do it myself. The entire top half of my abdomen felt bloated, sensitive to touch and hurt more each time I took a breath. It felt like very intense, sharp gas pains. I had the sensation that I had to toot a couple of times, but bearing down to push it out hurt wayyyy too much. Plus, I've had bad, doubled-over gas pains before, this was about 100 times more intense. Hubby was gonna post on here for me (because I didn't wanna go to the hospital just for them to tell me it was gas) and I was going to lay in bed and as soon as I stood up I felt better. I walked around for a few minutes and was basically fine.

So what the hell was that about??? Was it possibly gas? Could eating too fast have done it? I've eaten too fast before and got uncomfortable along with sneezing fits, nothing like this. Or do I have the dreaded partial bowel obstruction and I have to wait for it to happen again then hope I make it to the hospital in time for them to see it on a CT scan?

Any advice would be appreciated, I was about to ask this last night and fell asleep with the iPad in my hands. Oh and sorry this was so long, y'all should know by now that I can be long winded ;)

Am certainly NO expert, but is sounds like stress related to me. Change of routine does it for me every time even before the DS. Plus just the thought of being on jury duty.

Jury duty when I thought it was only one day, and turned into a week at $15 per day, plus best fried, hubby and 7 month old twins arriving Friday morning!!

I have no clue but I'm praying to the God of gastric surgeries it doesn't happen to me. Hope it doesn't happen again

Could have been a spasm in or small stone passing through your bile duct? Or a loop of bowel got kinked momentarily?

I have some moments now and then with gas pains that are extraordinary, for a few minutes, thought they tend to be in my lower abdomen.

Sounds like an obstruction that fixed itself as they often will!

I have a large hernia and this happens to me quite often. The key to fixing it is to get into positions that force the guts to move. I can't afford to fix the hernia so I have gotten quite good at this!

This sounds similar to what happens to me on occasion. It hasn't in a few months, thank God! I did blow up like a beach ball last night. I could knock on my stomach and it sounded hollow! I looked at least 6 months preggers. Raisin bran is definitely off the menu! Luckily it was more uncomfortable than painful.

Can't say for sure, but it does sound like you ate much too fast and your sleeve objected.

Personally, the curry alone would probably do this to me, but I doubt that was the problem for you since you ate it voluntarily.

Thanks guys! Hoping that won't happen again, finger crossed!

Oh, and my case ended in a mistrial after 4 out of the 12 jurors couldn't comprehend that you can't convict someone of a crime based on what you think he was probably going to do, and also that an indictment was not the same as a conviction :banghead:

Thanks guys! Hoping that won't happen again, finger crossed!

Oh, and my case ended in a mistrial after 4 out of the 12 jurors couldn't comprehend that you can't convict someone of a crime based on what you think he was probably going to do, and also that an indictment was not the same as a conviction :banghead:
At least it's done.

Just a minor history lesson for the state of SC. Back in the 60's, they used voter registration rolls to pull jurors...many folks refused to register to vote because of that. Sometime between 1972 and 1976 (can't remember which of the elections but I know it was no earlier than 1972), the VOTERS got even...and voted that they use the Driver's License rolls to pull jurors from...and of course that made lots of people mad but not a damned thing they could do as they couldn't vote!

At least it's done.

Just a minor history lesson for the state of SC. Back in the 60's, they used voter registration rolls to pull jurors...many folks refused to register to vote because of that. Sometime between 1972 and 1976 (can't remember which of the elections but I know it was no earlier than 1972), the VOTERS got even...and voted that they use the Driver's License rolls to pull jurors from...and of course that made lots of people mad but not a damned thing they could do as they couldn't vote!
Ya know, it's funny that you say that. Everyone I've spoken to is either shocked that I've been called, since they've either lived here their whole lives and not been called, or have been transplants that've been called fairly quickly. Lots of these "sweet, young southern girls" aren't ashamed to admit they're not registered to vote either. Hmmm!

Latest posts

Back