What are your CC & AL Lengths?

Scott- forgive me for asking this if you've already answered it, or if I'm having a brain fart, but what exactly would lengthening the alimentary limb do? Isn't that where the food is traveling without any digestive juices, so in theory, not much of anything is being absorbed there?
According to Dr K absorption happens in the AL as well.. Supposedly it is carbs and other non fats that are digested in the alimentary limb. I didn't fully understand it either and haven't had a full discussion, but he said depending on my total small bowel length thst both limbs could need adjusted.

Now that I think about it I can eat a lot of carbs and it doesn't affect my weight so he might be thinking my carb absorption is too low???

Last edited:
According to Dr K absorption happens in the AL as well.. Supposedly it is carbs and other non fats that are digested in the alimentary limb. I didn't fully understand it either and haven't had a full discussion, but he said depending on my total small bowel length thst both limbs could need adjusted.

Now that I think about it I can eat a lot of carbs and it doesn't affect my weight so he might be thinking my carb absorption is too low???
Huh, interesting. Needless to say, hoping you get it all sorted out!

CC 75... However, I don't believe it. I have had zero issues with malabsorbtion/deficiencies. No idea about my alimentary limb. I asked for 50. The doc wanted to do 100, and we compromised on 75.

The shortest CC I know of was an Australian woman. Her's was 40!

Latest posts

Back