Welp, I'm at the airport... 3 hrs EARLY!

Y'all, this has been the most boring surgery and recovery I've ever had! And I've had many! I haven't had any pain meds since the first night. That morphine will eff you up and I didn't like that at all! Bleh! There's a slew of folks here that had the sleeve yesterday and a band to sleeve revision. They can't get over how I'm walking around and talking..... all seem to notice my Texas accent though! Lol!

Today started with an xray of my new sleeve and my 'candy cane' as one of the docs called it. Then they brought some chicken broth that was tasty as I was sick of the gatorade, apple juice (will never be the same for me after the blue dye) and chamomile tea (which is very tasty and I'll be ordering that for my keurig!) Then the moment I'd been waiting for, they pulled that $#$!&%# drain out! Whew! Life really is good drain free!

The next moment I'll be waiting for is when they pull out the thingy in my hand that isn't being used! :)

XOXOXO
Amy

Wonderful news!

Oh yeah NOW I remember why I can never again drink apple juice. That was NASTY. I was so freaked out about it that I was panicking about the barium swallow, but that turned out to be no big deal. Just a couple of sips.

Yay! Sunday is chicken broth day after Thursday surgery. I craved the salt in it.

Are you heading home tomorrow?

@DSRIGGS

I'm 'patiently' waiting my turn to receive my report, labs, and xrays to see what I ended up with after my lengthy discussion with Esquerra.

He speaks great English and just so y'all future patients are aware, he doesn't see our emails to Nina/Karla until surgery day or the day before.

P.s.- I pulled that pesky thingy outta my hand myself. I wasn't hearing 'no' again and it started to get red and was painful..... I promise, they won't even notice! Lol!

Wonderful news!

Oh yeah NOW I remember why I can never again drink apple juice. That was NASTY. I was so freaked out about it that I was panicking about the barium swallow, but that turned out to be no big deal. Just a couple of sips.

Yay! Sunday is chicken broth day after Thursday surgery. I craved the salt in it.

Are you heading home tomorrow?

I shall never drink apple juice again! Bleh! The broth was tasty but I'd rather my ramen noodle broth minus the noods, of course! :)

So, tomorrow Yolanda will bring me back to the Lucerna hotel for a night and then Ernesto picks me up Tuesday AM to travel to San Diego for my flight. First class seats were almost TRIPLE coming home on a holiday! RIDICULOUSNESS! I'm hoping my FSA will reimburse me for the flights and the hotel..... fingers crossed!

Okay! Here's what the report says..... FINALLY!

Small bowel: 5.2 meters
BPL: 250cm
AL: 160cm
CC: 90cm

@DSRIGGS @Susan in Tennessee @Clematis @ all the rest..... sounds to me like he's doing the math and making the AL/CC = BPL like y'all were chatting about.

What the hell does that mean for me with fats and protein absorption now?????
Well, if what everyone says is true and Hess (and Scott and Clematis;))knew his stuff, you should be in good shape. Not too much absorption and not too small amount of absorption, you should have a happy medium balance and lose well and by following proper vitamin protocol and monitoring labs be in good shape. You're Jusssssst right. I'm really happy for you and glad you're doing so well.

Are you being driven back to San Diego tomorrow?

Latest posts

Back