Welp, I'm at the airport... 3 hrs EARLY!

I'm chilling in my hotel room and I must say, everything and everyone has been wonderful! The hospital is nicer than ones I grew up with and the equipment is state of the art! It's definitely top notch! Carla (not Karla/Nina from the office) was a joy to chat with and Yolanda (Nina's mother/Karla's g-mother) was also a pleasure! Word of warning for those that wear nail polish and/or fake nails.....they'll need to remove the polish for one of those nails but Carla said they could use a toe instead! (I have very long and very pink fake nails) lol!

So far, so wonderful!

Glad everything is going so well.

Huh, I thought Nina and Karla were sisters, not mother daughter.

I wore "fresh" acrylics with French manicure instead of my usual color... then was at a doctor and had them check that a pulse oximeter would "read" through them. My nails are like paper under the acrylics and would have shredded if I took them off right before surgery.

Good luck tomorrow... but you won;t need it!

Ahh good old Ernesto! Great and humble man. For those who don't know, he was also morbidly obese in the past before Dr. Aceves did his sleeve. You'll like the ride back to San Diego too. Ernesto shows you a strange optical illusion that will have you questioning the laws of physics. Best of luck to you! Oh, look for a great picture in the center nurses station when you go out to walk. It's of Jesus standing over a surgeon as they work, if my memory serves. Very nice picture!

Ahh good old Ernesto! Great and humble man. For those who don't know, he was also morbidly obese in the past before Dr. Aceves did his sleeve. You'll like the ride back to San Diego too. Ernesto shows you a strange optical illusion that will have you questioning the laws of physics. Best of luck to you! Oh, look for a great picture in the center nurses station when you go out to walk. It's of Jesus standing over a surgeon as they work, if my memory serves. Very nice picture!
Stoned on morphine I took multiple pics of this painting that I too thought was lovely. To me very comforting.

I'm chilling in my hotel room and I must say, everything and everyone has been wonderful! The hospital is nicer than ones I grew up with and the equipment is state of the art! It's definitely top notch! Carla (not Karla/Nina from the office) was a joy to chat with and Yolanda (Nina's mother/Karla's g-mother) was also a pleasure! Word of warning for those that wear nail polish and/or fake nails.....they'll need to remove the polish for one of those nails but Carla said they could use a toe instead! (I have very long and very pink fake nails) lol!

So far, so wonderful!
I'm glad your day went so smoothly! I'm here at home in bed thinking about you and wondering if you're awake and nervous or exhausted from the trip and sleeping. I'll be thinking of you in the morning too and will anxiously await word from you after surgery.

So far, so wonderful!

Hello did someone say long nails? Caught my attention!!!!!

Screw anxiety! I'm here, I'm super early, I wasn't rushed and I'm FINE! I think my anxiety is due to my hubby always waiting till the last minute to get places! He is ALWAYS LATE so I'm always stressed and running around. This is actually NICE!

The crazy neurotic American lady is on her way to Mexicali!

Pre-Op testing today and surgery tomorrow..... Here's to a new beginning y'all! Woohoooooooo!
Thinking of you and sending luck and positive energy. Looking forward to reading about your boring recovery.

Morning y'all!

So, last night I ordered room service and had a bowl of the most delicious tortilla soup with fresh avocado and cheese! Yummy! I watched Magic Mike (had never seen it!) and once I took the antibiotic and adavan, I was OUT!

Ernesto picked us up at 8a, I've been weighed, hooked up to my IV, seen Andres, the anesthesia doc, and I'm now waiting for the docs to show up..... oh, and MY TUMMY IS GROWLING AT ME! I wonder if it 'knows'... lol!

I'm ready for the dark side and was just told I get to go first!

:danc:

:clapping::clapping:
Morning y'all!

So, last night I ordered room service and had a bowl of the most delicious tortilla soup with fresh avocado and cheese! Yummy! I watched Magic Mike (had never seen it!) and once I took the antibiotic and adavan, I was OUT!

Ernesto picked us up at 8a, I've been weighed, hooked up to my IV, seen Andres, the anesthesia doc, and I'm now waiting for the docs to show up..... oh, and MY TUMMY IS GROWLING AT ME! I wonder if it 'knows'... lol!

I'm ready for the dark side and was just told I get to go first!

:danc:
It's going to go great!! You stand on the threshold of victory over your obesity once and for all. Couldn't be happier for you and proud of your guts to take bold action. You are one who has chosen the path of action over passivity, solution seeking over whining, and thus the correct choice for success. Good for you lady! Now
remember, it's all about hydration for the next several weeks. Sip, sip, sip!
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Latest posts

Back