Water Pill?

pktwatch

My PCP wants to add a water pill to help with my BP. I am taking Lisinopril and my BP is in the 150's over 7o's. The way that I understand us DS'ers have a harder time staying hydrated and I feel the water pill will make it even harder + the fact that I have had kidney stones 3 times since my surgery.

Can someone explain in terms that I can say to my Dr why this may be a bad idea for me (if it is)?

Tell him what you told us! Plus look up the side effects of those water pills. A common one is hearing loss(lasix)

Potassium citrate is supposed to help prevent kidney stones. I get leg cramps so I have always taken potassium gluconate. I stumbled on the potassium citrate. Maybe time to add that to your vites.

How It Works
Potassium citrate attaches to calcium in the urine, preventing the formation of mineral crystals that can develop into kidney stones.
Potassium citrate also prevents the urine from becoming too acidic. This helps prevent uric acid or cystine kidney stones from forming.
Why It Is Used
Potassium citrate may prevent the formation of:
  • Calcium stones in people who have too little citrate in their urine.
  • Uric acid stones or cystine stones in people who have urine that is too acidic.
Potassium citrate may be used to replace potassium that is lost when a thiazide medicine is used to prevent kidney stones.
How Well It Works
Potassium citrate may help prevent the formation of calcium, uric acid, and cystine stones.1
http://www.webmd.com/kidney-stones/potassium-citrate-for-kidney-stones

Latest posts

Back