Vitamins

Soontobelovely

Hi,
I think that I am on my final comfort zone leg of this very important decision in my Life which is revision from VS to DS excerpt for one thing. I can make a committment to pop my vitamins everyday as I do eight a day now every Morning. But 8 is peanuts compared to 20+ daily intake for most. So, I have to be true to myself based on my busy schedule and I feel it will be no problem if I can downsize my intake not so by how many pills but downsize it by how many times I have to take them. In this case, is anyone or is it likely that I can take my vits just 2x daily like morning and night irregardless of how many? Or what kind for that matter? Thanks

Hmm...honestly, no. I take 40+ each day and they're split into 5 batches a day (plus two iron doses). The reason for that is the calcium has been increased over the years to a ton. And my doctors want them split up by time and dosage size. I guess that's why I'd say you can't honestly plan for only twice a day. You never know how much is going to be added (or what) over the years. (For instance, zinc and copper are taken at least one hour apart or they fight each other).

Even very early on, I took vits/minerals at least three times a day (meals); plus there's iron which is taken alone (or with Vit. C to increase absorption) with no food (in my case that's twice a day).

Hmm...honestly, no. I take 40+ each day and they're split into 5 batches a day (plus two iron doses). The reason for that is the calcium has been increased over the years to a ton. And my doctors want them split up by time and dosage size. I guess that's why I'd say you can't honestly plan for only twice a day. You never know how much is going to be added (or what) over the years. (For instance, zinc and copper are taken at least one hour apart or they fight each other).

Even very early on, I took vits/minerals at least three times a day (meals); plus there's iron which is taken alone (or with Vit. C to increase absorption) with no food (in my case that's twice a day).
Ouch!

I take 30 total vitamin pills a day but it is honestly not a big deal. The majority are once in morning and once late afternoon

I take 30 a day right now - split into 4 batches (morning, noon, evening and bedtime). I've gotten into a routine so it's not a big deal.

The only time I had an issue was when I was traveling and didn't think ahead to bring my noon and evening vites w me in my purse. I left them in my hotel room. Then I ended up taking the morning batch on time, missing the noon batch, and taking the evening and bedtime batches together when I got back to my room late. Lesson learned. It just takes some planning ahead.

I pack my pill holders once a month so it makes taking them daily a breeze.

I don't, but I've always been one who takes my pills one at a time. Even ibuprofen. Some of the pills are pretty big so you probably couldn't do them all in one mouthful but you could probably take the smaller capsules all at the same time if you wanted.

Do you pop them all at once
For the most part, yes I take a handful. In the morning I take my probiotic and Omeprazole first while I am getting my coffee going and feeding the dogs. Then I take 2 A, 2 D , 2 K, 1 E, 3 zinc and 1 multi all at the same time. The A, D and K are small capsules, the E is a little larger capsule, the zinc are small caplets and the multi is a bigger but not huge tablet. They go down very easy.

The calcium I take 3 at a time, two times a day.

I guess I just want to ensure you are prepared as you never know what's going to be added as the years go by. I didn't begin with 40+ pills when I first had my DS. But 10 1/2 years later things have changed. It's all based on the bloodwork and the tweaks that are made regarding vits/minerals.

Last edited:
There's also the option of getting certain minerals through injections. Sometimes ( I'm really thinking about iron), that can also be the best if not the only way to get an adequate amount into your system.

I have family with experience with bariatric surgery and pancreatitis myself so I plan to buy almost all the vitamins and minerals in powder form and make my own batches of pills or cocktails with the powders that aren't off-tasting.

There's also the option of getting certain minerals through injections. Sometimes ( I'm really thinking about iron), that can also be the best if not the only way to get an adequate amount into your system.

I have family with experience with bariatric surgery and pancreatitis myself so I plan to buy almost all the vitamins and minerals in powder form and make my own batches of pills or cocktails with the powders that aren't off-tasting.
Wowed what a great option. Thanks

Latest posts

Back