Vitamins/supplements for new SIPS

bertgamble2001

Hello again,

I am 5 days post SIPS and I have a months supply of the Bariatric Advantage supplements that my surgeon stocks but I am looking for high quality at a lower cost. Can I get some recommendations from the veterans here as to what they use? I am currently taking BA One A Day Solo with Iron 2X a day, and on Tuesday I will begin taking the BA calcium chews 4X a day and the BA B Complex 2X a day.

I was also wondering if chewable vitamins are preferable to capsules?

Thank you!

What we’ve suggested for other SADI patients (and SADI is the proper ASMBS designation for the SADI, SIPS, LoopDS surgery regardless of what the particular surgeon tried to name it) is to start with the Vitalady list here: https://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitalady-links.11/ and as soon as you get post op labs, you start tweaking based on your personal labs.

im moving this to the Vitamin and Lab forum.

No, you don’t need chewable. And btw, chewable usually means sugar which is what you are trying to avoid. They have to because vitamins taste pretty rank.

Avoid gelcaps. Vitamins encased in fat in a gelcap are not for you. Because you malabsorb fat. Read the labels. Especially D, A, and E. You need the ‘dry’ version. Dry almost always comes in a pill or a capsule and it is not a liquid. It is powder or solid.

Start with the basic DS list. You absorb more than a traditional DS so over time you will probably be able to cut back on some of it. Or maybe a lot of it. I can tell you that I seldom hear about SADI people talking about serious deficiencies.

Latest posts

Back