(Updated) News about Vitalady

I've talked to Michelle about my interest in buying the company, but a group plan makes a lot of sense for several reasons. I would also be interested in that.

seriously, that could work.

All except for one teeny, tiny lil detail....Rob has no interest in getting involved in any new business ventures. He would however be happy to give his "Free" advice,:D and even lookover the balance sheets etc if anyone is really interested.

Not exactly sure how this part works without looking in to it further regarding specifics, BUT....I could forsee some really big potential obstacles, 1st and foremost being, any liability insurances needed etc, since you are selling, (re-selling) products for human consumption?

Last edited:
"Edited on 3/21/15:
It is being sold to a member of the bariatric surgery community, and WILL NOT be closing. One of the conditions of sale is that is will remain open, which is very good news for us who buy from them.

My note...I forwarded five names (all DS'ers) to her and she left messages to all of them. She may have had others contact her without me sending her the names. I don't know any more...but I HOPE it's a DS'er!"

I hope it is someone with more than just money, but also actual KNOWLEDGE of the science of supplementation for bariatric patients, and a proven track record of sharing that knowledge.

I have been standing on the sidelines, for various reasons, including not being able to risk my retirement savings and the real risk I feel is involved in what Michelle has been doing, important and wonderful as it is - not the repackaging and resale of vitamins produced by legitimate manufacturers, but the recommendations she routinely gives from her experience and expertise, which are nonetheless not endorsed by the majority of medical professionals (even if they are by and large correct). I think she has been - carefully, of course - skirting various state laws (which differ from state to state) on practicing medicine without a license. I hope the buyer can also manage to both provide the necessary advice, without overstepping the legal constraints that must be kept in mind.

"Edited on 3/21/15:
the real risk I feel is involved in what Michelle has been doing, important and wonderful as it is - not the repackaging and resale of vitamins produced by legitimate manufacturers, but the recommendations she routinely gives from her experience and expertise, which are nonetheless not endorsed by the majority of medical professionals (even if they are by and large correct). I think she has been - carefully, of course - skirting various state laws (which differ from state to state) on practicing medicine without a license. I hope the buyer can also manage to both provide the necessary advice, without overstepping the legal constraints that must be kept in mind.

Without coming right out and saying it, that is EXACTLY what I was alluding too in my previous post. She has been very fortunate and skillful and has flown “under the radar” so to speak and I think has dodged a bullet. You can be right ALL DAY long, “Dis-claimers” and all, means absolutely nothing in court and it means nothing if a larger company decides they want to put you out of business by filing litigation against you. You still have to come up with TENS and usually HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars in a drawn out court case. In the end, you may win the lawsuit, but are broke from defending it, either way, the end result is the same…you're out of business…goal met, party over. Unfortunately, I know business litigation all too well and had the best teacher…experience.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back