Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase homozygous A1298C variant

Update:

Worst two weeks of my life for unrelated issues.

One lesson -- do not ignore mild bladder infections because if you have one at the same time you get kidney stones, you have a big problem. Lazering the stones can cause a reverse flow, so that even a very mild bladder infection can, in this one case, get sucked up into the kidney and perhaps turn into a serious kidney infection and kill you. So they put in a steint (sp?) like a small plastic tube that rests against the stuck kidney stone and keeps the connection to the bladder open so you don't get any pressure and it hurts and the stone still moves. He promised me this wouldn't hurt like leaving the stone just sitting there but it did. After a week on antibiotics, they finally lazered the stones and removed the plastic tube and then I had three days of pain as the kidney stone sand was dispersed.

And in the middle of this I had to unexpectedly put one of my beloved dogs down. I am devastated.

- - -

The weird thing was that even with just a very limited response on my part to the instructions from the naturopath, I could see my body waking up and getting healthier. My fingernails were growing and getting noticeably stronger and thicker while I had trouble getting in and out of bed. And trust me when I say that combining the above trauma with my body's rediscovered ability regulate its own temperature and to produce smelly sweat.... Well. Mixed blessings.

So, I'm still holding for now. I am still afraid of the B6 but we can do that last, if at all. For the last two weeks, my compliance with any supplement program has been spotty at best and so I think I will finish June with just solid compliance and nutrition, do a blood test and then re-plan. This is for life, I have nothing to prove.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back