Update on my drama mama ASS

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
I know I haven't updated you in a while so here it it. Unfortunately the attention whore apparently just can't go the hell away.

Dr K reviewed my Barium Enema Study last week and since then we have been trying to determine exactly what to do. I have a significant redundant colon with lots of kinks and folds and per the CT that led to the BE Study I was loaded full of shit. That was causing fecalization of the common channel of the small intestine (not a good thing). Dr K suggested some dietary changes, most of which I have tried several times but I tried again anyway to no avail. A redundant colon is not incredibly rare, but in my age group it is pretty uncommon. Because I am also symptomatic with some varying bowel issues it has been decided that my sigmoid colon and likely the left side colon will need to be resected.

We haven't settled on a date but I do know that I will have to do a 7-10 liquid diet (oh joy, joy, joy) so we will submit for approval and then get this thing scheduled. My hope is that we can have this taken care of within the next two to three weeks.....I want to get the hell on with life!

I am hopeful that I don't have to do clear liquids for a full 7-10 days because right now my weight is down to 172-173 depending how much shit is flushed out of me on any given day, so I don't want to become nutritionally deficient before surgery. I am waiting to hear back from Dr K on those kind of specifics so I can figure it out and get it started.

so there is it is. Yay me!

:( surgery. I'm sorry you have to go through more.
Thanks Bear Ma. Hopefully this it. If not I will take out a huge life insurance policy and accidentally get run over by a car. :p

I am kidding

Sorry you will have to have another procedure, Scott. I am glad that it seems they have located the root of the problem and that resolution is in sight. All the best!

I know I haven't updated you in a while so here it it. Unfortunately the attention whore apparently just can't go the hell away.

Dr K reviewed my Barium Enema Study last week and since then we have been trying to determine exactly what to do. I have a significant redundant colon with lots of kinks and folds and per the CT that led to the BE Study I was loaded full of shit. That was causing fecalization of the common channel of the small intestine (not a good thing). Dr K suggested some dietary changes, most of which I have tried several times but I tried again anyway to no avail. A redundant colon is not incredibly rare, but in my age group it is pretty uncommon. Because I am also symptomatic with some varying bowel issues it has been decided that my sigmoid colon and likely the left side colon will need to be resected.

We haven't settled on a date but I do know that I will have to do a 7-10 liquid diet (oh joy, joy, joy) so we will submit for approval and then get this thing scheduled. My hope is that we can have this taken care of within the next two to three weeks.....I want to get the hell on with life!

I am hopeful that I don't have to do clear liquids for a full 7-10 days because right now my weight is down to 172-173 depending how much shit is flushed out of me on any given day, so I don't want to become nutritionally deficient before surgery. I am waiting to hear back from Dr K on those kind of specifics so I can figure it out and get it started.

so there is it is. Yay me!
Oh crap! (I couldn't think of a more fitting exclamation ). I'm glad the show is getting on the road, because you need change and improvements in your life! Liquid diet does suck, that's for sure. Let us know more when you know more. We are all rooting for you!

Oh crap! (I couldn't think of a more fitting exclamation ). I'm glad the show is getting on the road, because you need change and improvements in your life! Liquid diet does suck, that's for sure. Let us know more when you know more. We are all rooting for you!
Thanks and yes I am full of shit! :p

Thanks ladies. I am very hopeful. I will let you know as soon as I have a date. Kristina has been out of office and I think back tomorrow so hopefully we can get a date by tomorrow or Friday.

Latest posts

Back