Update...met with surgeon

They found an Intussusception in the BPL and pulled it apart.
He said he was surprised it wasn't damaged given how it's been like that.
He said if it happens again, he will go in and resect that area.
I'm back home now and seriously doped up.

Glad they figured it out but would have thought he would have resected now. Hope this is the permanent fix!

Star, you are an incredible trooper to have dealt with this problem for so long. I hope you get some well deserved and permanent relief.

To be honest, I feel every bit as crappy as I did before surgery.
The doctor told my husband I was full of poop, so I'm hoping it's just because of that.
When I got home from the hospital Tuesday evening I took 3 dulcolax. Yesterday I took 6 doses of miralax, 3 doses of powdered magnesium, and I used 3 fleet enemas. Finally later last night things started to move a bit. I know there's plenty more in there so I'm going to hit it again today. My tummy was huge and hard and so uncomfortable. The nausea is unrelenting and I puked up my dinner last night. This whole nausea and vomiting thing is so foreign to me...and I don't like it one bit!
All the meds make me sleepy and groggy but don't actually allow me to sleep. Hate that feeling. So I'm ditching all the meds and can hopefully get some real rest. Well except that I woke up today and am already extremely nauseated so I may have to take the Reglan at least. The only other anti nausea med I have is phenergan.

Ok I'll quit whining now. Sigh.

So sorry you arent feeling better but hopefully soon.

Phenergan knocks me out. Maybe that would help you get some sleep. Hope you feel better soon.

Phenergan makes me feel sleepy but I stay wide awake...like a zombie.

I only took pain pills for first 24 hrs post op and then ditched them.
I felt SO bad this morning. The most incredible nausea. It made me break out into a cold sweat. I thought I was going to pass out. I took a reglan, fought to keep it down and then went to bed. I just woke up.
I seriously don't know how people who are prone to nausea and live with it often don't just put a bullet in their heads. That's what I wanted to do. It's AWFUL!

But feeling ok right now. Drinking a protein shake. Maybe I just needed some rest.

Sorry to hear you were feeling ill after procedure and are still only ok. Was wishing you would be feeling amazing right now as you so well deserve! Hopefully the intussusception never returns! All the best!

Latest posts

Back