Triglycerides

Bagaof4

Just getting lab results back at 18 months out (6months since last draw) and am wondering why my triglyceride levels have gone up.
Now / 6 mos ago
Tri 152 / 106 The 'normal range' upper limit is 149 and I was at 140 preop
Chol. 167 / 161
HDL 59 / 50
LDL. 78 / 90
Chol/HDL 2.8. / 3.2
Ratio
I do eat 4 pieces of bacon every morning and don't watch my animal fat intake. Should I be concerned or could something else have caused this? I did fast the 12 hours before the draw. Thanks for any ideas!

My understanding with this is that there is a genetic component and some people are just high. I'm watching to see what others have to say :)

I googled this...and one thing that stuck out to me was higher can be a result of weight loss?

You are only 18ish months out...maybe that is part of it?

Yes, Liz. I am just over 1.5 years out. Maybe that's it. Didn't like seeing in out of the normal range and just don't want to think I have to 'watch' my bacon intake! :BaconDance:

Nope. Not yet and I really doubt if anyone will say anything about it. They just tell me to 'keep doing what you're doing' (this was after they freaked out at the amount and dosages of vites I take and then saw my 'perfect' labs.) They will probably tell me I'm eating too much fat. :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back