My Labs

Tabitha

I FINALLY got a copy of my first lab results. I had them done way back on Jan 3rd, but got a run around from the hospital where I had my blood drawn and then my surgeons office. They didn't want to give me the results until I saw them in person. I get that, but its not feasible right now. finally after asking 4x I got them in the mail. I am so lost on how to read them though. I just copied what the sheet said....please let me know your experience and opinions. Thank you! I am 3 months post-op, and these were done at 2 months post op. I am a revision from lapband to DS.

Com...prehensive Metabolic Panel Lipid Panel with Calc LDL
Glucose 86
Blood UREA Nitrogen 16
Creatinine 0.75
Sodium 140
Potassium 3.2
Chloride 105
Carbon dioxide 28
anion Gap 10
Calcium 9.0
Bili, Total 0.41
ALK Phosphatase 76
SGOT/AST 18
SGPT/ALTI 38
Total Protein 7.4
Albumin 3.5
Globulin 3.9
ALB/Glob Ratio 0.9

Lipid Panel
Cholesterol 122
Triglycerides 111
HDL cholesterol 33
LDL Chol CALC 67
Chol/HDL Ratio 3.7
Serum Iron 29
Ferritin 82.7
Vit B-12 1568
Est GFR 92

Complete Blood Count
WBC 8.7
RBC 4.84
Hemoglobin 13.1
Hematocrit 42.2
MCV 87.3
MCH 27.2
MCHC 31.1
RDW 14.5
PLT Count 326
MPV 8.8
LUC# .4
Granulocyte 5.64
Lymphocyte 1.9
Monocyte .6
Eosinophil .1
Basocyte .1
LUC% 4.90
Granulocyte % 65
Lymphocyte % 21.8
Monocyte % 6.6
Eosinophil % 1.0
Basophil % .6

Vitamin B1 7.1
Vitamin B6 4.8
Vit D 1,25 Dihydroxy 79.6
Vitamin A 18

1--This just in:

Now the LAB has to give you your results.

http://health.usnews.com/health-new...ow-get-test-results-straight-from-the-lab-hhs

2--I'm not smart enough to know what it all means...look at the lab report again. There will be an H or a L, or else some results will be listed in a different column, labeled in a way that lets you know what is out of range, aka not "normal." I focus on things out of range, or close to out of range.

You need to update what you posted with units (mg/dL, e.g.) and the normal ranges for THAT test (they differ from lab to lab, test to test).

ETA - the only thing that jumps out at me is your HDLs are too low - which is usually improved by exercise.

1--This just in:

Now the LAB has to give you your results.

http://health.usnews.com/health-new...ow-get-test-results-straight-from-the-lab-hhs

2--I'm not smart enough to know what it all means...look at the lab report again. There will be an H or a L, or else some results will be listed in a different column, labeled in a way that lets you know what is out of range, aka not "normal." I focus on things out of range, or close to out of range.
Still hasn't been updated at state level. I happen to live in a state that allows me to get my labs with out a doctor involved but there are some states that did not allow it:
https://www.labcorp.com/wps/portal/patient/results
NOTE: LabCorp Beacon: Patient is available to US residents only. Some states require physicians to direct the release of lab test results to patients. To find out if your state allows lab test results to be delivered to patients, click here to view a state-by-state list. If you cannot receive your LabCorp lab test results via LabCorp Beacon: Patient because of state laws, please contact your ordering physician for your lab test results.
State Patient Access
Alabama Yes
Alaska Yes
Arizona Yes
Arkansas Yes
California No
Colorado Yes
Connecticut No
Delaware Yes
Florida No
Georgia No
Hawaii No