Traveling to London

Whit

Last minute work trip...I will be traveling overseas for the first time since DS surgery 17 months ago. I am a bit nervous. I have never been to the UK. I am sure it will all work out but still...

I know grow a pair right!

Whit

So excited for you! I haven't traveled at all since my DS 20 months ago either, but am planning to spend a month in Istanbul this summer with my son. Somewhat nervous about eating and vites. I'll be anxious to hear how your trip went! Enjoy!!!!!

Last edited:
woot! it's ok to be nervous but enjoy yourself as well - are you going to have much time to sight see? will you only be in the city or can you get out into the countryside?

I have never been - very exited for you!

I will have one day Sunday to sight see. Maybe a partial on Tuesday. It's a quickie Friday night to Tuesday night. Not sure what to do really but I'll figure it out. If anyone has a favorite spot let me know and I'll look into it.

Have a great time and don't worry! Enjoy it! London is a great city.

One of my favorite things is to just spend a day on the tube getting lost. Exploring interesting stops. Once spent a day Elephant and Castle.

If you only have one day I would highly recommend one of the open topped bus tours. That will take you round pretty much everywhere.

I will have one day Sunday to sight see. Maybe a partial on Tuesday. It's a quickie Friday night to Tuesday night. Not sure what to do really but I'll figure it out. If anyone has a favorite spot let me know and I'll look into it.

Whoa. You are going to die of jetlag lol. I am fine going from UK to US, but the reverse kicks my bum!!! I hope you enjoy your short trip. Due to mobility issues I haven't done the touristy things in London and I've been here since Dec 2006 lol. I always wanted to go on the London eye. :)

The actual plane ride should be ok, most people shut the windows and go to sleep....so whilst everyone else is sleeping, you can use the loo. I would think if you avoided carbs and fat 12-24 hours pre flight, it should be a breeze :D

When where? What?

What's happening?

@kirmy
Hey there,
It has been postponed. But should happen sometime in June. Hopefully I will have enough advance notice to make plans but with my crazy job I never know what's coming down the pipe.

So excited for you! I haven't traveled at all since my DS 20 months ago either, but am planning to spend a month in Istanbul this summer with my son. Somewhat nervous about eating and vites. I'll be anxious to hear how your trip went! Enjoy!!!!!
No worries! You will love it. One of my favorite cities!

I lived there for two years in the mid '70s. My daughter was born there. I know things have changed quite a bit since then, and I am very excited to see it through new eyes now. I am especially excited to eat some real Turkish food!!! Yummmm!
My son lives there but commutes to London about 3 times a month so I will tag along. We are planning some side trips to Scotland and France and down to Bodrum in Turkey. One month will fly by!

Latest posts

Back