TMI question .... Sex

Snowbutterfly

I know I can ask my surgeon this question but i find the answers I get here are more realistic.
My surgery (VSG to DS conversion with resleeve) is on Tuesday May 2nd.
How long post op were you able/cleared for sex?

I was told "as soon as I feel like it", so if it's on the hospital gurney, make sure you shut the door in the hospital. Kidding aside, incisions and such will be sore for some time, so just let pain dictate. If it hurts, stop or change what your doing.

I was told "as soon as I feel like it", so if it's on the hospital gurney, make sure you shut the door in the hospital. Kidding aside, incisions and such will be sore for some time, so just let pain dictate. If it hurts, stop or change what your doing.
Haha, don't tell my hubby that, it would give him ideas. Thanks for answering

I was told "you're not having surgery there" so whatever/whenever you feel like it. I didn't feel like it for a few weeks, and then my poor Hubby was paranoid about me hurting. I assured him I would LET HIM KNOW!

I was told "you're not having surgery there" so whatever/whenever you feel like it. I didn't feel like it for a few weeks, and then my poor Hubby was paranoid about me hurting. I assured him I would LET HIM KNOW!

Haha that's a good way to look at it. After my VSG my surgeon/team didn't want me doing anything that would cause trauma to my tummy (he had a patient who popped her stiches when hitting against a shopping cart so he's extra carefull). I just can't for the life of me remember how long he said.

I had surgery on the 18th of this month. At my 1 week follow up I was told I could whenever I felt like it, but to try not to get pregnant for 18 months. That was their only word of caution.

Latest posts

Back