Tits the season to be jolly

kirmy

So 2016 was a bag of dicks. Seriously it was an epic arsehole of a year. For those not in the know I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer on the 10th of December 2015 and started my scorched earth chemo on the 3rd of January. I've had a brutal brutal year. I'm still here. I'm still smiling and I'm not going anywhere!

On the 12th of December I had a total hysterectomy after weighing up my family history against my recent brush with psycho evil bionic cancer. I am healing. So I am without one uterus, ovaries and cervix, half a boob, several lymph nodes and many once viable veins. I'm also holding perfectly steady at 68kgs after dipping down to 63kgs during chemo. I've been shit at taking my vites so it is no surprise at all that Santa bought me a vicious fucking cold for the festive season.

I finally go back to work in February after 14months of sick leave. I have had a clean bill of health and can report my three month follow up was all clear. If I can continue this wonderful run of health and make it to the five year mark then I have every chance of life long remission. If I relapse it will be within the next two years so I have to be vigilant. This means kicking myself hard up the arse and prioritising my vitamins and protein.

On the third of January I will celebrate my seventh year of duodenal switch success. I wonder if I ever would have survived my cancer had I remained the same weight as before. I want to remind you all how magnificent and beautiful our potential is. Always show compassion, be brave, be bold and never be afraid to be your authentic self.

Never trust a fart.
So in keeping with telling massive lies every New Year I would like to resolve to kick my sugar addiction and focus on my vites.

Onwards and upwards.

IMG_2976.JPG

Kirmy, may your 2017 be 1,000,000 times better than ever before. Love your smiling face in spite of all the news that has kicked your ass this past year.

And what is that place behind you?

It is MONA in Tasmania. David and I went for an Antipodean adventure before my last surgery to share some love with friends and far flung family. It was magnificent. Here we are enjoying an espresso martini before exploring the magnificent modern art. The place is wild.

IMG_2950.JPG

Kirmy, Congratulations on remaining your strong, amazing self and making it to the other side of the annus horribilis that has been 2016. Please keep the protein and vitamins going as the world would not be the same without your charm and wit. Best wishes for a fantastic 2017 ahead!

Kirmy, you are truly inspirational. Wishing you all the best and NO MORE of the worst in the coming year.

Kirmy, you are one beautiful lady! I am so very thankful you are in a better place this New Years Eve than last. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Kirmy you are an incredibly strong woman and fighter. I hope you have a great 2017 and then every year after that for another good 50 years. You deserve it.

By the way you look as gorgeous as ever and are as pithy as ever as well. Don't change.

Latest posts

Back