Tim Gunn, I Love You

k9ophile

I love this and hope to see great fashion for all sizes. I am average or a little smaller than average since my DS. I have loose skin and other body issues that I like to cover plus, I am over 50. I just wish I could find a nice dress that hits below the knees. Not every woman wants to have her ass hanging out.

I've been binge watching recent seasons. I love that he doesn't accept any excuses from the designers about dressing 'real' women and making them feel like a million bucks.

This time around I'm noticing a bit more belly with my weight loss that after the band, so finding flattering things isn't always easy. But surely 30 something women who don't want to show off their bellies isn't a small demographic!

And affordable! Decent clothing that lasts a bit, fits my body and doesn't break the bank! Surely that isn't too much to ask either?

I also would like some tops that don't require a camisole or something to hide the bra. See through is great for windows. For clothes, not so much. Affordable would be nice as well.

I actually don't mind paying for quality, but I refuse to pay the prices being asked for polyester rubbish. Living in Singapore, that stuff is a recipe for sweatiness. I buy mostly cotton, linen and silk - but if I'm paying the premium, I expect them to last and to not come apart at the seams/lose buttons after one wash.

Good point, about natural fibers. I prefer them as well. But it is sad that someone like Leslie Jones could not find one stinking designer dress because she isn't a size 2.

I am a big fan of Project Runway because long ago I sometimes made my own clothes, like simple shift dresses or straight skirts in interesting fabrics. This was when Montgomery Ward and Sears were the only fashion retailers for larger sizes in my small town. (I am dating myself,I know) I was never as creative as they are on PR. Gunn mentions a retailer of plus size clothes that I didn't know so I looked for it. They have some very nice things. http://www.eloquii.com/shop
I like the fact that the dresses have long sleeves, which can be hard to find, and that the fabrics are better than average. I found Ulla Poppen and Avenue more interesting than Lane Bryant, but he seemed to favor Lane Bryant as his go-to retailer.
One of the things that prompted me to get DS was the fact that I was growing out of size 28 and that it was even more impossible to find clothes after that.

Latest posts

Back