The untangable bennefits...

Brandy

Freddled gruntbuggly
I stumbled upon the reddit wls group and there was a bunch of pre and just-post surgery people all discussing how to eat slower. They were using shame and timers for the most part. And I realized that all that external shame about being a fat person was GONE. What a relief. If I want an ice cream cone or a huge steak, I can just dive in and enjoy. No second thoughts, no thinking, "OMG, I'm sure those skinny people are thinking I'm a horrible person, or blah, blah, blah." No, what my body wants, it pretty much gets.

I embrace my glutton lifestyle! You know what, if I'm really hungry I'm going to bolt my food just like every other being on earth, there isn't a shame in that. I know, I know. Other surgeries make eating quickly a problem that needs to be addressed, but that still doesn't mean there should be any shame attached to it.

I think the best thing about being three years post surgery and 1.5 years at a normal weight is I just don't think about all the "must do", "should do" and "don't do" weirdness's put on fat people by society. There is so much freedom and happiness in just this.

I miss the people and discussions here, but at this stage I have so much to learn about life that I'm putting my cyber time elsewhere, but I wanted to share this gratitude.

Thanks!

Amen! I used to be so embarrassed eating anything in front of other people for fear they were judging me. (And they DID.) Now I don't think about being judged at all. (And they DON'T.)

Latest posts

Back