Thanks to MsJacquii and Southernlady! "Most Recent Posts"

DianaCox

Bad Cop
Because I am a lazy and ungrateful wretch, I asked them if they could make an easily accessible link to my personal preferred way of reading the website, which is "Most Recent Posts" and it appeared last night!

"Most Recent Posts" is different from "New Posts" in that ALL of the posts appear, in order, whether you've looked at it already or not. In the "New Posts" view, once you look at the thread, it is removed from the view, which (in my opinion, because of how I read and respond on the website) makes it hard to find something you read recently and want to find again.

There was (and still is) a "Recent Posts" option that is buried on the "New Posts" page, but (and this is the interesting thing about how "Recent Posts" works) - it doesn't update when you refresh, which meant every time I wanted to see the most recent "Recent Posts," it took multiple clicks and scrolling to get to it, to create a new "Recent Posts" view (look at the number in the link: for example, this link http://bariatricfacts.org/find-new/433725/posts is personal to me, and the next time I click on the "Most Recent Posts" link, the number will change, while refreshing the existing link does not change either the number or the posts listed in it.

Just for those of you who are particular about your website experience ... and to thank @MsJacquiiC and @southernlady for the upgrade!

The Most Recent Posts link appears on all pages under the "Home" & "Forums" sub-navigation menu and drop downs as well:

bf-new.gif

So you're able to access the link quite easily.

And thanks for the shoutout @DianaCox & @southernlady. There are aspects of the Xenforo platform that can use enhancement. So if I'm able to make the browsing experience that much better here - then I'm happy to oblige!

LOL @newanatomy -- I keep telling myself Diana is not the bad cop, but good cop playing devil's advocate
di-ZV4C.gif
Honestly though - it is such suggestions that, when brought to fruition, become an asset to the entire community. Call it being a pill - I'll take a couple bottles LOL. We welcome all suggestions - so 3 cheers for bettering the website experience
cheersc.gif

J.

Latest posts

Back