Thank you to whomever suggests HWC..TMI Warning

LindaDarnell

Im only five days out, so this is probably more of an anomaly than anything. But I'd seen several vets suggest using Heavy Whipping Cream in protein shakes. At less than a week into my surgery, i wasnt worried yet about constipation. But was very aware of complications that can arise due to supplements, etc. My hubby experienced this early on.

Anyway, already tired of bland protein shakes with unsweetened almond milk, last night I mixed in 4 oz of hwc. Again not for constipation...but just for taste. So 4 oz of almond milk and 4 oz of hwc. I probably drunk half and went to sleep. This morning, it woke me up, working like a cleanser! Again, im only 5 days out...just started my full vitamin regimen yesterday. So i dont think it took alot to "move" me. I was actually surprised how much i moved...had to be waste from before my surgery bc i havent eaten much since. TMI!

Anyway, im not saying it's a cureall, but i am suggesting it to my hubby and plan to do it every other night and see what happens. Thank you to those who continually post abt hwc as a benefit.

Agreed. I finally got around to picking up a bottle to mix with my coffee and I will try it with protein drinks later today

I just tried it in a protein drink - waste of HWC and powder

it turned it into an inedible slime
Really? Now i used mine to cut my almond milk..so it made it creamy which I liked. But definitely not slimy. But again my combo waa half hwc half almond milk

I tried it in my coffee and I about shit my pants.... But I drink quite a bit of coffee a day maybe 10 cups. I switched back to a non-dairy creamer.
That just made laugh really loud!!! But yeah if ur drinking that much coffee, you dont want that much heavy whipping cream all day. The 4 oz i had last night ia still working, ...i definitely wont do this everyday

Unless you're constipated, I would stay away from a lot of fat until you're a couple of months out and your guts have settled down. Your new configuration has NO IDEA what to do with the fat that suddenly is arriving in the colon without adequately being processed by bile and predigested with lipases. Under those circumstances, shit happens.

Unless you're constipated, I would stay away from a lot of fat until you're a couple of months out and your guts have settled down. Your new configuration has NO IDEA what to do with the fat that suddenly is arriving in the colon without adequately being processed by bile and predigested with lipases. Under those circumstances, shit happens.
I had a rough night last night that taught me my new plumbing is not ready! I actually I ate something that I thought was "healthy "...lima beans with smoked turkey (no rice!) I ate a small amount that my hubby pulsed in the food processor. Needless to say, 15 minutes after eating it my stomach was queasy all day. When i was finally able to get comfortable to go to bed, about 20 minutes in, i woke up in a shit storm...literally!!!! Most uncomfortable and embarrassing situation ever!! But glad I was home with mu hubby who took very good care of me. He too said he'd had the runs as well during the day after eating the beans, but was able to manage his without accident. We researched all night what caused the problem..the smoked turkey or the limas. We each had very little meat bc we didn't think our systems could handle it, but remember the limas having a heavy "starch" like liquid. At the time we didn't think about it bc we've never considered limas as a starchy food..just a goid digestible carb. But lesson learned!!!!!
My diet for the next few days will consist of dannon nonfat greek yogurt, and Pedialyte popsicles!! Right now, Im very afraid of food!! In researching last night I came across several foods that I thought would be safe but could actually cause problems, like spinach! I dont like shit storms so im slowing down...

You got that right!!!

Let me be clear - I wouldn't avoid fat, but I wouldn't go out of my way to add so much. Tuna or chicken with mayo - as much mayo as tastes good and makes it easy to swallow - should be fine, for example. NO NON-FAT OR LOW-FAT FOODS - they contain STARCHES as fillers to make up for the fat that will kill you. Just eat full-fat whatever. Especially yoghurt.

Let me be clear - I wouldn't avoid fat, but I wouldn't go out of my way to add so much. Tuna or chicken with mayo - as much mayo as tastes good and makes it easy to swallow - should be fine, for example. NO NON-FAT OR LOW-FAT FOODS - they contain STARCHES as fillers to make up for the fat that will kill you. Just eat full-fat whatever. Especially yoghurt.
Is there a fullfat yogurt that is low carb? Seems like that is hard to find..

Latest posts

Back