Taste gone

Charris

Now an angel
Remember after we just have the DS and we couldn't taste anything so food tasted like nothing? Well I'm at that point now and I have been for about 3 or 4 weeks worth. I can't taste anything except extreme salt so I've kind of given up on eating has anybody had this happen to them and if so what was it and how did it resolve?

:confused: I hadn't heard of this, I hope it's temporary. meanwhile I hope you are staying hydrated and getting in some food anyway.

Hmmm... Can you smell? Is it something going on with the nose? If I have a cold with nasal congestion, I lose my sense of taste. Also, any new medicines recently? Please drink/eat what you need even if it isn't appetizing.

:confused: I hadn't heard of this, I hope it's temporary. meanwhile I hope you are staying hydrated and getting in some food anyway.
I so hope it is as well. Eating food that has no taste is a waste of time and my money. I get the food say I'm gonna eat it and throw it out the next day. I had been losing weight without trying and my daughter brought it to my attention that I don't eat.

I was in a wreck 3 weeks ago. Some young chick ran a red light and hit me. Totaled my car. So I been feeling pretty bad. To work straight home then bath 600-630. Then bed. That's the routine. On weekends I lay on couch and try not to move. But this no taste thing is the worse. I can't even make myself eat.

I have not heard of this but I can tell you when I am overly stressed and tired it is difficult for me to eat. Mainly, because I fall asleep very early as you described. Remember that for DSers food (protein) is a requirement and not an option. Eat protein as though it is your medicine. Next, be sure you are taking all of your supplements. How is your iron these days? I'm due for an iron infusion and low iron makes it very difficult for me to stay awake after work and slow to move in the morning.

I was in a wreck 3 weeks ago. Some young chick ran a red light and hit me. Totaled my car. So I been feeling pretty bad. To work straight home then bath 600-630. Then bed. That's the routine. On weekends I lay on couch and try not to move. But this no taste thing is the worse. I can't even make myself eat.
Do we need to wrap you in bubble wrap? Seems every time you turn around, you are in a wreck.

I have an occasional day like that but nothing long term.

I so hope it is as well. Eating food that has no taste is a waste of time and my money. I get the food say I'm gonna eat it and throw it out the next day. I had been losing weight without trying and my daughter brought it to my attention that I don't eat.

Oh no! Feel better soon. Can we rule out physical injury or new medicine to address is as a reason for the taste issue? I think you need to go to the doctor with that bedtime, something is definitely awry. Please take care of you!

Hmmm... Can you smell? Is it something going on with the nose? If I have a cold with nasal congestion, I lose my sense of taste. Also, any new medicines recently? Please drink/eat what you need even if it isn't appetizing.

I hope it passes soon. I don't feel like my snoot is not working but hey what do I know?

So Hillary how are you and your son? You look amazing

I agree with hilary1617 you need to see the doc. That is serious loss of energy and fatigue.

Hope you feel better. I can't believe you were in another wreck. Very sorry!

I know right I need to be put in a bubble. With everything that I have been through I often wonder what will finally do me in? All the life threatening things I have been through I will probably stump my toe and fall dead! I'm ready to give up driving. I made it to retirement last August so I'm getting my ducks in a row to call it quits in December.

Latest posts

Back