Surgery scheduled!

I almost can't believe that my DS surgery is actually scheduled for June 19th! I just have the diet class and the pre-op appointment hurdles left ahead of me. This means that for the first time in most of my adult life, I will end the summer weighing less than I did at the start of summer. Yay!!!
Woo hoo!!!!!!

Thank you, everyone! I received my surgery reservation forms today with all the dates for pre-op visits, etc. I got a little freaked out for a minute because they have the procedure written as "Lap biliary pancreatic diversion poss open" and I called to make sure that the "Lap" stands for "laparoscopic" and the "poss open" means "only in dire emergency." I also wanted to make sure that this descriptions means WITH duodenal switch. I was assured that it does, but I will re-state and re-verify with every person who handles me right up till the time they wheel me into surgery. I'm so freaked out about getting the wrong procedure. I know I'm in good hands with Dr. Boyce, but it's my whole life riding on this surgery being correct. This is my version of pre-surgical jitters--I'll double and triple check everything that is said to me and make sure everything is in order to the degree that I have control. So excited, though!!!

Latest posts

Back