Sunday Weigh In (9/3/2023) Labor Day Weekend

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
And while we aren’t roasting like some, we are having a small heat wave for us.
Gonna grill out tomorrow tho. Have some steaks ready. And a potato and other sides.
:grillinsmiley:
Got our early anniversary present, a new gas range! It’s a beauty. The other had a leak in it somewhere and regardless of how I tried, it just would not come clean. I think the grease had baked the dust on it.

Anyway, last week 129
This week 129.
Liz

We've got burgers for tomorrow. We made a Costco trip yesterday, so we're all set with all sorts of different types of proteins.

Last week 221
This week 219

That makes 20 pounds since surgery, which was one month and one day ago. I'm on track to lose the 25-35 percent at 2 months.

I maintained from last week, which is good. We did a stay in Seattle over the holiday weekend and went to Bumbershoot (a two day music/arts festival). I decided not to bother trying to track anything. I also didn't go crazy with eating either. I walked about 14k steps on Saturday and on Sunday, so I got a lot of movement in. I admit that I'm not as young as I used to be and all the standing was very tiring.

I'm back to tracking this week though and it's going OK. Next week is going to be tricky since I'm traveling for work and won't be in charge of my food for many of the meals. I will be quite busy so it should be easy to forego all the snacks that seem to find their way into my mouth when I'm NOT busy. But, it'll be a lot of sandwiches and such and I'll just focus on good choices.

I am also starting to look into doing more strength training with weights. It's a bit scary which seems silly to say but I am nervous about it. I don't think I want to do heavy weight lifting, but I don't know that I don't. I just don't want to age like my parents, that's really my goal. Age well. Give my body the tools it needs to be strong and healthy.

I maintained from last week, which is good. We did a stay in Seattle over the holiday weekend and went to Bumbershoot (a two day music/arts festival). I decided not to bother trying to track anything. I also didn't go crazy with eating either. I walked about 14k steps on Saturday and on Sunday, so I got a lot of movement in. I admit that I'm not as young as I used to be and all the standing was very tiring.

I'm back to tracking this week though and it's going OK. Next week is going to be tricky since I'm traveling for work and won't be in charge of my food for many of the meals. I will be quite busy so it should be easy to forego all the snacks that seem to find their way into my mouth when I'm NOT busy. But, it'll be a lot of sandwiches and such and I'll just focus on good choices.

I am also starting to look into doing more strength training with weights. It's a bit scary which seems silly to say but I am nervous about it. I don't think I want to do heavy weight lifting, but I don't know that I don't. I just don't want to age like my parents, that's really my goal. Age well. Give my body the tools it needs to be strong and healthy.
Good for you.
As far as sandwiches, apparently I was the queen of taking sandwiches apart to eat them from my early childhood. Apparently it was a texture issue for me. As long as it wasn’t something messy, I was fine.

I honestly wouldn’t mind aging like my daddy. He was very active til about 83, he had his knees replaced and while recovering at home, the pack of dogs they had tripped him up and he fell cracking his skull on the “fashionable” concrete floor in their expensive house. He was never quite the same after that.

Latest posts

Back