Sunday Weigh In (9/13/2015)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 144
This week 145

I was looking back, I hit my high point about the same time last year and then dropped once cooler weather set in. I think it's because I can get out more once the heat dissipates and I eat more soups.

I had to run and get labs this morning so I forgot to weigh before leaving and then eating. Friday I was 173 and yesterday I was 175 so I am pretty certain that I am somewhere in the 173-175 range.

I am finally done with my antibiotic (last dose yesterday afternoon) and my wound is doing much better (still some slight & clear drainage on occasion but not any red spots left) so hopefully my strength starts popping back up. If my albumin and Total Protein come back as low as I think they will, I am going to ask my PCP to order an albumin (and whatever else necessary) infusion for a boost.

Going to get back in the swing of Sunday weigh-ins.
TW - 230.6
LW - 231
LLW - 230.8

So, it is officially a stall. Going to do measurements later today and see how that has changed. I think I am getting in to many carbs - averaging about 81,86, 75 respectively over the last 3 weeks.
Was on a 12 day dose pack of steroids over this same time frame so know that is messing with me too.

Lord help, 'your' stall is understandable - mine is making me flat out crazy and poking that demon eating disorder I harbor with a big ole stick!

Hello Friends,
LW: 124
TW: 125

Last week was very challenging. I have been in LA on business. I came home yesterday for a football game and am off for another week this afternoon.

Hotel on the beach in Santa Monica. Beautiful. Food expensive. Lots of group meals out with coworkers and freely flowing alcohol.

Friday we were location scouting out driving around LA from Malibu to Hollywood by way of Calabassis a winery up in a canyon somewhere. I was so worried I would have bathroom issues and not have access to a restroom. But everything went smoothly. No issues at all.

I brought powder to keep up with morning drink so I was able to start the day off right. I was also able to keep hydrated. Lunch was late most days and dinner even later or not at all.

This week I'm going to get the the store as soon as I land and stock up on protein snacks. I'm going to have the minibar (which I didn't realize I had) cleared out so I can fill it with good stuff.

Wish me luck this week

Best,

TW - 230.6
LW - 231
LLW - 230.8

So, it is officially a stall. Going to do measurements later today and see how that has changed. I think I am getting in to many carbs - averaging about 81,86, 75 respectively over the last 3 weeks.
Was on a 12 day dose pack of steroids over this same time frame so know that is messing with me too.

Lord help, 'your' stall is understandable - mine is making me flat out crazy and poking that demon eating disorder I harbor with a big ole stick!
Respectfully I don't think that little amount of carbs that you are eating is any problem. Focus on protein first and the weight will come off. Also remind yourself how much weight you have lost and the page you are on and then extrapolate that average over 52 weeks. You will probably see that it is a huge number so it is just common sense that your body needs to take a breather every now and then and can't sustain the high pace of loss every week.

LW 125
TW 126

Gas output is at record levels....Need to rein in the carbs. Dark chocolate Peanut M & Ms appear to be my new crack. The bag is almost gone and I won't be buying any more :(

Last edited:
Last week 150 and today 146.5
Doing great, Charris!
LW: 275.4
TW: 273.0
Doing great, Rachael
I had to run and get labs this morning so I forgot to weigh before leaving and then eating. Friday I was 173 and yesterday I was 175 so I am pretty certain that I am somewhere in the 173-175 range.

I am finally done with my antibiotic (last dose yesterday afternoon) and my wound is doing much better (still some slight & clear drainage on occasion but not any red spots left) so hopefully my strength starts popping back up. If my albumin and Total Protein come back as low as I think they will, I am going to ask my PCP to order an albumin (and whatever else necessary) infusion for a boost.
Glad your wound is healing...and while on the low side, sounds like you are holding steady.
TW - 230.6
LW - 231
LLW - 230.8

Stalls happen...and when they did, I dropped inches.

Carbs vary by person. Some need more, some need less. Some need to cycle the amounts to "upset the apple cart" occasionally.
Hello Friends,
LW: 124
TW: 125

Last week was very challenging. I have been in LA on business. I came home yesterday for a football game and am off for another week this afternoon.

Hotel on the beach in Santa Monica. Beautiful. Food expensive. Lots of group meals out with coworkers and freely flowing alcohol.

Friday we were location scouting out driving around LA from Malibu to Hollywood by way of Calabassis a winery up in a canyon somewhere. I was so worried I would have bathroom issues and not have access to a restroom. But everything went smoothly. No issues at all.

I brought powder to keep up with morning drink so I was able to start the day off right. I was also able to keep hydrated. Lunch was late most days and dinner even later or not at all.

This week I'm going to get the the store as soon as I land and stock up on protein snacks. I'm going to have the minibar (which I didn't realize I had) cleared out so I can fill it with good stuff.

Wish me luck this week

Best,
You are still doing good. Staying hydrated is hard when on the go.
LW 125
TW 126

Gas output is at record levels....Need to reign in the carbs (dark chocolate M & Ms)
At least you know the culprit. Weapons status gas output always needs a close look to find offenders. :p

Thank you Scott and Elizabeth! you are both right and yes, I needed to hear it. I did my measurements - (well actually Ms B. did) - and you are right - they are decreasing. Breast, waist, and hips all went down 2 inches, 2 inches and 1.5 respectively. I needed to know that! The last measurements were done exactly one month ago so it is a good indication of progress.

Hi y'all! I have no scale at the hotel, yay! I will have to report the bad news next week. Currently, I am eating my way through Katy, Texas. Tonight, I started with a prime beef carpaccio with truffle oil, I also had one small piece of crusty Italian bread with butter, next a turtle soup, entrée was surf and turf - lobster and filet mignon with steamed asparagus. We shared some desserts at the table of which I had about a third of each; crème Brule, chocolate orange truffle, and some ice cream with a white chocolate shell and coated with a pecan encrusted flambé, all divine!

I know I need to get back to the low carb basics and I will but, ooh it is nice to be able to enjoy real, delicious food.

Thank you Scott and Elizabeth! you are both right and yes, I needed to hear it. I did my measurements - (well actually Ms B. did) - and you are right - they are decreasing. Breast, waist, and hips all went down 2 inches, 2 inches and 1.5 respectively. I needed to know that! The last measurements were done exactly one month ago so it is a good indication of progress.
You are welcome and just so you know your thoughts about not losing for a few weeks like you were doing before and worrying about it is very normal. Many of us also went through those same worries but trust in your DS... It works.

Damn, I want to travel with you!

Okay I weighed myself this morning and I am pretty much holding steady. 173

Hi y'all! I have no scale at the hotel, yay! I will have to report the bad news next week. Currently, I am eating my way through Katy, Texas. Tonight, I started with a prime beef carpaccio with truffle oil, I also had one small piece of crusty Italian bread with butter, next a turtle soup, entrée was surf and turf - lobster and filet mignon with steamed asparagus. We shared some desserts at the table of which I had about a third of each; crème Brule, chocolate orange truffle, and some ice cream with a white chocolate shell and coated with a pecan encrusted flambé, all divine!

I know I need to get back to the low carb basics and I will but, ooh it is nice to be able to enjoy real, delicious food.
LOL, enjoy Texas! That menu sounds yummy!.
Okay I weighed myself this morning and I am pretty much holding steady. 173
Glad to hear, Scott.

Latest posts

Back