Sunday Weigh In (8/28/2016)

Week before last: 202.5 (I was on a girl's weekend last week so couldn't weigh)
This week: 197 I can't believe it!

The trip to see 4 of my friends from Missouri was so much fun. I flew into KCI and they picked me up at the airport and then we drove to Lake of the Ozarks (Osage Beach, MO which is near Bagnell Dam). We stayed at a really nice resort called Tan-tar-a. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath "cabin" right on the water but it isn't exactly what I call a cabin, more like a condo. We spent one day at the pool, rented a paddle boat and tried out the water slide. I had never gone down a water slide in my entire life so I count this a NSV! I screamed the whole way down to the amusement of everyone in the area! Once was enough for me but it was fun. The next day we hit the outlet stores which is a huge area. I didn't tire out nearly as badly as I used to and was elated to find that I fit into a pair of slacks at Chicos (their biggest size but still...)I didn't buy them though, why? I don't plan to be this size very long :). None of these friends knew about my surgery so after we got there and checked into our cabin I told them I had something to tell them. ( They are used to seeing me go up and down the scale so of course they told me I looked really great when I first saw them). They were very intrigued and asked a lot of questions and seemed really happy for me. One said, "I wondered why you didn't eat hardly any of your lunch, I thought you must not have liked it". I got along fine with my eating, probably ate a little more of some things I shouldn't eat but it all worked out. The resort was situated on hilly terrain and it was nice being not as heavy as we walked around from cabin to pool to hottub, etc. I did as well or better than some of the others!

They put me on Neurontin 2 weeks ago, but other than making me dizzy, nauseous and depressed, I still wake up in pain. I'm stopping it now and sticking with the Percocet. No fun zone.
You can't PAY me enough to use neurontin. Also it causes weight gain in MOST people. I hit my highest weight in 2002 due to neurontin...finally tritated off it and lost 40 lbs.
LW: 228
TW: 227

I'll happily take it.

Healing thoughts to Pam's nerve and foot. And Pam, of course.
Good for you.
HW 360
LW 306.4
TW 303.8

Super happy to have a loss on the famous 3rd week post - op

NSV went out to breakfast with my family this morning, and they put us in a small booth. I hemmed and hated, then just tried sitting down... And I totally fit!!!

LOVED the NSV...and your weight loss this week is great.

The trip to see 4 of my friends from Missouri was so much fun. I flew into KCI and they picked me up at the airport and then we drove to Lake of the Ozarks (Osage Beach, MO which is near Bagnell Dam). We stayed at a really nice resort called Tan-tar-a. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath "cabin" right on the water but it isn't exactly what I call a cabin, more like a condo. We spent one day at the pool, rented a paddle boat and tried out the water slide. I had never gone down a water slide in my entire life so I count this a NSV! I screamed the whole way down to the amusement of everyone in the area! Once was enough for me but it was fun. The next day we hit the outlet stores which is a huge area. I didn't tire out nearly as badly as I used to and was elated to find that I fit into a pair of slacks at Chicos (their biggest size but still...)I didn't buy them though, why? I don't plan to be this size very long :). None of these friends knew about my surgery so after we got there and checked into our cabin I told them I had something to tell them. ( They are used to seeing me go up and down the scale so of course they told me I looked really great when I first saw them). They were very intrigued and asked a lot of questions and seemed really happy for me. One said, "I wondered why you didn't eat hardly any of your lunch, I thought you must not have liked it". I got along fine with my eating, probably ate a little more of some things I shouldn't eat but it all worked out. The resort was situated on hilly terrain and it was nice being not as heavy as we walked around from cabin to pool to hottub, etc. I did as well or better than some of the others!
Totally awesome...probably the first time you've gone on vacation and LOST weight? And it's great your friends are so supportive.

Wahooo on getting to onederland!!!! I'm so glad you had such a great girls trip!!!

I don't have last week, but I have pre-surgery which was last Friday.

8/19 - Pre-surgery - 263.5
8/28 - Today - 244.8

Shocked the heck out of me. Expect it to slow down pretty fast. But, I'll take it.

AND, diabetes is almost gone. Glucose on Friday 139. 299 on the day of surgery.

Last edited:
I don't have last week, but I have pre-surgery which was last Friday.

8/19 - Pre-surgery - 263.5
8/28 - Today - 244.8

Shocked the heck out of me. Expect it to slow down pretty fast. But, I'll take it.

AND, diabetes is almost gone. Glucose on Friday 139. 299 on the day of surgery.
Good for you.

Two weeks ago 128
TW 126
Snail's progress on my healing. Foot is still numb and nerve pain wakes me up every night. Hoping to have staples removed at appointment this Wednesday and I will be hounding them about my foot. Hip is great, but not a fair trade for losing the use of my foot. Still walker bound and can't drive. Trying hard to remain positive and not let it all get me down. :wall:

Onward and upward! Have a great week everyone!
I so hope your foot improves and you settle in nicely Honey. You deserve a break here.

My stones are the same size @DSRIGGS so you have my full sympathy. You've got so much happening health wise, you don;t need this sword of Damuch mocles hanging over your head.

I did read this: http://kidneystones.uchicago.edu/price-of-potassium-citrate/ which says Crystal Lite Lemonade has more potassium citrate than anything -- even Urocit tablets -- and far more than what is in the oft-recommended tablespoon or two of lemon juice.
Thanks sweetheart. Not sure if anthing will disolve them but I probably should start to drink the lemon? .

I am sorry you have so many showing in your kideneys. Can you get them blasted since there is so much calculi? Best wishes to you

And congrats on goal!

Last edited:
You can't PAY me enough to use neurontin. Also it causes weight gain in MOST people. I hit my highest weight in 2002 due to neurontin...finally tritated off it and lost 40 lbs.

Good for you.

LOVED the NSV...and your weight loss this week is great.

Totally awesome...probably the first time you've gone on vacation and LOST weight? And it's great your friends are so supportive.
I have been on neuron tin for years. Doesn't cause any issues for me

@DSRIGGS Potassium citrate only keeps stones from FORMING. Absolutely nothing dissolves them. (When I asked the urologist if there was something to dissolve them, he looked at me like I was crazy and said "no, they're calcium. if it dissolved them, it would dissolve your bones.) Your urologist or nephrologist should do a 24 hr urine collection to test for your citrate levels. If low, you absolutely should be taking potassium citrate.

In any event, nighttime urine is where most of the concentration and settling of calcium detritus in the kidney occurs. The number one thing everyone can do to prevent kidney stones, I was told, is to drink a large glass of water before bed so that they have to wake in the middle of the night to pee, then to drink another large glass of water while they're up.

Also they only shock wave blast stones that are too huge to pass so that they can (painfully) pass. I get to pass each and every stone that goes on the move... but it is possible they'll never move to try to pass through the ureter.

I didn't think so and the one has been there ms u be two years now and hasn't moved yet.

I have been on neuron tin for years. Doesn't cause any issues for me
I'm glad it hasn't...

My issues from it not only included weight gain but brain fog. I started at 1800 mgs a day and every time I tritated up, I lost 3 weeks of me...I still suffer from the brain fog it caused. I will admit, I was probably an extreme case but I saw enough PN'ers (PN is Peripheral Neuropathy) who suffered many of the same issues.

Certainly not discounting your experience. I know others who had that issue. It helps my thumb and index finger as well as hands to feel less tingly/pins and needle like.

BTW @southernlady my stones are not causing anY issues at all now. The one has been there for two years I think without growing and I hope it stays that way for that one and the othere as well. I am ratcheting up my calcium because with all intestinal issues and the bloating/distention/discomfort I cut back to 4 a day of large size bone up or 1,333 mg.

Calcium gives me constipation like symptoms and I now understand why I was having those issues. I am waiting for Dr K's plan of attack but my CT scan at the ER 2 Fridays ago showed that I have a fecalized common channel and it appears to be coming from being backed up by a redundant sigmoid colon that is also atonic. Exactly the news I did not want to hear because it might require something thst I really don't want, but I am not jumping to conclusions yet even though I suspect I know what could ultimately be required to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
BTW @southernlady my stones are not causing anY issues at all now. The one has been there for two years I think without growing and I hope it stays that way for that one and the othere as well. I am ratcheting up my calcium because with all intestinal issues and the bloating/distention/discomfort I cut back to 4 a day of large size bone up or 1,333 mg.

Calcium gives me constipation like symptoms and I now understand why I was having those issues. I am waiting for Dr K's plan of attack but my CT scan at the ER 2 Fridays ago showed that I have a fecalized common channel and it appears to be coming from being backed up by a redundant sigmoid colon that is also atonic. Exactly the news I did not want to hear because it might require something thst I really don't want, but I am not jumping to conclusions yet even though I suspect I know what could ultimately be required to resolve the issue.
I am glad your stones are not causing issues. But I don't like the news about you being constipated esp due to an atonic colon. I had to look it up to see what it was. I know it lists a few causes but another that came to mind, esp since you were diabetic...could it be an autonomic neuropathy?

I am glad your stones are not causing issues. But I don't like the news about you being constipated esp due to an atonic colon. I had to look it up to see what it was. I know it lists a few causes but another that came to mind, esp since you were diabetic...could it be an autonomic neuropathy?
Believe me I was at my computer looking up redundant sigmoid colon and atonic colon as well. I suppose that could be the root cause because I know I saw that excessive laxative use can cause thsee isdues. I have used a laxative maybe five times in my life so it doesn't seem that is the likely cause.

I am hoping to hear from Dr K todaY regarding ideas of what we do next.

Latest posts

Back