Sunday Weigh In (8/28/2016)

LW (or whenever) BMI: 22.5
TW BMI: 22.3

100# lost! Yay me! I'm perfectly happy with this weight but will do nothing to stop the weight loss (which at this point is glacial) to allow for bounce back. I figure I have to have at least 5# of loose skin that I'd like removed.

Even though no one mentioned that my iron levels might be too low when I posted my 6 month labs a few months ago, I've learned they were and added Proferrin. I had been noticing that I had little stamina in exercise class. Within a week or so I felt much better and was back to keeping up with women half my age.

My dexa scan results came back and I have modest osteopenia. I freaked out until I read that 50% of all women and men over age 50 have it yet only a small fraction go on to osteoporosis. (I read an article that says that osteopenia wasn't treated until Merck couldn't move their drug fosomax in the 90s and so they invented the inaccurate heel testing machine so women could freak out at Costco and Walgreens and demand their doctor prescribe the drug.)

In grim news... I finally got in to the urologist on Monday to review the CT scan from when I had the killer kidney stone in early July and DAMN my kidneys are filled with stones. Seriously, the white stones against the dark kidneys looked like the night sky. Positively celestial. I was speechless from fear. He said a big one on the left was ready to pop. Yet on Friday morning one on the right acted up and I have spent the past two days off and on in agony. It's "sleeping" now and I pray it's out of my kidney just floating around in my bladder and the pain is over. But I won't rest easy until it lands in the sieve. And then I'll start fretting waiting for the stone on the left side to start it's painful exit.

Now I'm getting ready for my month long trip to Europe in October and making mental deals with god, the devil, the force and whatever else to not have a kidney stone on my trip!

SW 355
Lw 202.8
Tw 205.6

Three days ago I was 201.6. I am back on another antibiotic and also rec'd a boost in my butt. Since then the scale goes up and my trips to the bathroom go down. I hope this kicks the kidney infection finally.

LW (or whenever) BMI: 22.5
TW BMI: 22.3

100# lost! Yay me! I'm perfectly happy with this weight but will do nothing to stop the weight loss (which at this point is glacial) to allow for bounce back. I figure I have to have at least 5# of loose skin that I'd like removed.

Even though no one mentioned that my iron levels might be too low when I posted my 6 month labs a few months ago, I've learned they were and added Proferrin. I had been noticing that I had little stamina in exercise class. Within a week or so I felt much better and was back to keeping up with women half my age.

My dexa scan results came back and I have modest osteopenia. I freaked out until I read that 50% of all women and men over age 50 have it yet only a small fraction go on to osteoporosis. (I read an article that says that osteopenia wasn't treated until Merck couldn't move their drug fosomax in the 90s and so they invented the inaccurate heel testing machine so women could freak out at Costco and Walgreens and demand their doctor prescribe the drug.)

In grim news... I finally got in to the urologist on Monday to review the CT scan from when I had the killer kidney stone in early July and DAMN my kidneys are filled with stones. Seriously, the white stones against the dark kidneys looked like the night sky. Positively celestial. I was speechless from fear. He said a big one on the left was ready to pop. Yet on Friday morning one on the right acted up and I have spent the past two days off and on in agony. It's "sleeping" now and I pray it's out of my kidney just floating around in my bladder and the pain is over. But I won't rest easy until it lands in the sieve. And then I'll start fretting waiting for the stone on the left side to start it's painful exit.

Now I'm getting ready for my month long trip to Europe in October and making mental deals with god, the devil, the force and whatever else to not have a kidney stone on my trip!
I am sorry about the kidney stones. I can't say I feel your pain cause honestly I have never had one. And thanks to @Spiky Bugger's posts on the subject, I am drinking lemonade like it's going out of style. And congrats on reaching the 100 lbs lost. Good for you.
SW 355
Lw 202.8
Tw 205.6

Three days ago I was 201.6. I am back on another antibiotic and also rec'd a boost in my butt. Since then the scale goes up and my trips to the bathroom go down. I hope this kicks the kidney infection finally.

Sorry you are back up...I hope the antibiotic helps...make sure you eat lots of good probiotics (like yogurt, etc).

Greetings from the Desert. It's been pretty hot but we've had a downward trend. Yesterday it was a balmy 101. It was lovely. I'm settling into my job but I miss the creative aspect and surprisingly going into an office. I love my husband but seeing him all day every day is trying at times...

LW 133
TW 132

Have a good week all.
Whit

LW: 179
TW: 179

That being said I know I am loaded up because my bathroom trips for the last several days have been painful and with minimal output, so I know I have a good amount in there that needs to come out. I would say a good 3-5 pounds.

Yesterday I finally received a copy of my ER CT scan from last Friday. It has numerous odd and worrisome finding that baffle me but that is all I am going to say as I am not ready to discuss anything until I learn what these findings indicate. Why they didn't admit me based off that report is beyond me.

One thing I will tell you that it showed was that in addition to the 4mm stone that has shown in my right kidney on scans for close to 2 years now, I have two more 3 mm stones in that kidney an one 3 mm stone in the left kidney. This means I will be having numerous stones passing sometime in my future. I am not happy about that at all with this situation.

LW: 195.1
TW: 195.6

So, noticing a weird trend with my loss. It's almost always the stairs step that everyone talks about. But the odd thing I'm seeing is that whenever I experience a big drop (to me that's like 2+pounds) it shows up on the scale and then the next day or so it goes back UP for another week or so and suddenly drops again. I don't know why it does this. So, I never really get excited when I see a number because it usually disappears for a week or even TWO before I ever see it again.

That being said, my weight last Monday morning was 193.3 but I haven't seen it again since and this morning I'm apparently up .5
Honestly, I'm about to stop weighing every week for a bit.
I go in on Wednesday for my 4 month follow-up with the nutritionist.
Hope everyone has a great week. And congrats on ALL of our milestones.

Two weeks ago 128
TW 126
Snail's progress on my healing. Foot is still numb and nerve pain wakes me up every night. Hoping to have staples removed at appointment this Wednesday and I will be hounding them about my foot. Hip is great, but not a fair trade for losing the use of my foot. Still walker bound and can't drive. Trying hard to remain positive and not let it all get me down. :wall:

Onward and upward! Have a great week everyone!

My stones are the same size @DSRIGGS so you have my full sympathy. You've got so much happening health wise, you don;t need this sword of Damocles hanging over your head.

I did read this: http://kidneystones.uchicago.edu/price-of-potassium-citrate/ which says Crystal Lite Lemonade has more potassium citrate than anything -- even Urocit tablets -- and far more than what is in the oft-recommended tablespoon or two of lemon juice.

LW 86.5 kg | 190.7 lbs
TW 85.7 kg | 188.9 lbs

Not a bad loss this week! I've lost 4.5kg/10lbs in August, which was a nice surprise!
That is fantastic!
Greetings from the Desert. It's been pretty hot but we've had a downward trend. Yesterday it was a balmy 101. It was lovely. I'm settling into my job but I miss the creative aspect and surprisingly going into an office. I love my husband but seeing him all day every day is trying at times...

LW 133
TW 132

Have a good week all.
Whit
Good for you and stay as cool as you can. My husband has been medically retired now for 7 years...he does his thing, I do mine...and THAT is why we end up in major renovations...it keeps him busy!
Hope your scan results are good!
I do too, Scott, thanks.
LW: 179
TW: 179

That being said I know I am loaded up because my bathroom trips for the last several days have been painful and with minimal output, so I know I have a good amount in there that needs to come out. I would say a good 3-5 pounds.

Yesterday I finally received a copy of my ER CT scan from last Friday. It has numerous odd and worrisome finding that baffle me but that is all I am going to say as I am not ready to discuss anything until I learn what these findings indicate. Why they didn't admit me based off that report is beyond me.

One thing I will tell you that it showed was that in addition to the 4mm stone that has shown in my right kidney on scans for close to 2 years now, I have two more 3 mm stones in that kidney an one 3 mm stone in the left kidney. This means I will be having numerous stones passing sometime in my future. I am not happy about that at all with this situation.
Oh my Scott...I hope the stones pass quickly. And I hope you find out what in the hell is going on.
LW: 195.1
TW: 195.6

So, noticing a weird trend with my loss. It's almost always the stairs step that everyone talks about. But the odd thing I'm seeing is that whenever I experience a big drop (to me that's like 2+pounds) it shows up on the scale and then the next day or so it goes back UP for another week or so and suddenly drops again. I don't know why it does this. So, I never really get excited when I see a number because it usually disappears for a week or even TWO before I ever see it again.

That being said, my weight last Monday morning was 193.3 but I haven't seen it again since and this morning I'm apparently up .5
Honestly, I'm about to stop weighing every week for a bit.
I go in on Wednesday for my 4 month follow-up with the nutritionist.
Hope everyone has a great week. And congrats on ALL of our milestones.
Maybe weigh every two weeks or once a month? And use NSV's as a tracker.
Two weeks ago 128
TW 126
Snail's progress on my healing. Foot is still numb and nerve pain wakes me up every night. Hoping to have staples removed at appointment this Wednesday and I will be hounding them about my foot. Hip is great, but not a fair trade for losing the use of my foot. Still walker bound and can't drive. Trying hard to remain positive and not let it all get me down. :wall:

Onward and upward! Have a great week everyone!
Oh my....I am sorry about the foot and nerve pain. I have that and it is NO picnic. Try to avoid the meds out there as most of them only work for awhile before needing to be ramped up and typically cause weigh gain. Is it possible that during one of the surgeries, they pinched the nerve?

They said that with the extreme manipulation during the revision surgery there must have been some nerve bruising or damage. Nerves take a long time to heal so I'm biding my time. They put me on Neurontin 2 weeks ago, but other than making me dizzy, nauseous and depressed, I still wake up in pain. I'm stopping it now and sticking with the Percocet. No fun zone.

Latest posts

Back