Sunday Weigh In (8/17/2014)

Yay for you, Liz! Back in the 30s!!!!!

Missed check in last week as I was in La Jolla eating some fabulous food and pretending money is no object!!! Haha! Oh well... Back to reality....

Two weeks ago 118
This week 119

Yeah Liz way to go!

Baga I was in San Diego too- Coronado over the weekend visiting my BFF then Oceanside on Monday for work. So no weight in.

8/3 121
TW 119

I had a follow up with Dr K on 8/6. He is pleased with my overall health. He thinks I could lose 5 -7 more pounds which is nuts and a little scary. That would bring me down to 115 (I was 122 when I was weighed in his office) Told me not to be alarmed it would not be for long and I should gain and settle in around 130 which I would be happy with.

Have a great week all.

Whit

Yay for you, Liz! Back in the 30s!!!!!

Missed check in last week as I was in La Jolla eating some fabulous food and pretending money is no object!!! Haha! Oh well... Back to reality....

Two weeks ago 118
This week 119
Good for you!

Yeap, I went "dancing" into the kitchen going "YEAH, ME!". I am so pleased to be back in my comfort zone of 135-140.

Yeah Liz way to go!

Baga I was in San Diego too- Coronado over the weekend visiting my BFF then Oceanside on Monday for work. So no weight in.

8/3 121
TW 119

I had a follow up with Dr K on 8/6. He is pleased with my overall health. He thinks I could lose 5 -7 more pounds which is nuts and a little scary. That would bring me down to 115 (I was 122 when I was weighed in his office) Told me not to be alarmed it would not be for long and I should gain and settle in around 130 which I would be happy with.

Have a great week all.

Whit

Good for you!

Odd how different surgeons react. Mine didn't want me below 140 EVER...got to 121 before hitting bounce back. SO GLAD I did.

I know Liz,
He and I never discussed a goal he was not sure how my body would react to the revision. His patients have been all over the place. I have started building muscle, slow going there, and plan on getting back into yoga, all should help with a healthy bounce back.

Whit

Nice job, Liz.
Way to maintain @Whit and @Bagaof4.

Last week 190.8
This week 187.2
Total loss of 3.6

Very strange! I have not been great about controlling my carbs. I try to stay at 50 grams or below of carbs lately though, I have been bad and have let them creep up to 100 -150 grams. It must be okay because of all the exercise I am doing.

Nice job, Liz.
Way to maintain @Whit and @Bagaof4.

Last week 190.8
This week 187.2
Total loss of 3.6

Very strange! I have not been great about controlling my carbs. I try to stay at 50 grams or below of carbs lately though, I have been bad and have let them creep up to 100 -150 grams. It must be okay because of all the exercise I am doing.
You are doing awesome!
The exercise may be helping and it depends on what kind of carbs you are letting back in.
Jealous! But that's great!
Jealous? Of whom? Me? Don't be. I am still early out. If I was 11 years out, things might be totally different. I'm jealous you got yours done so much sooner than I ever considered WLS.

You are doing awesome!
The exercise may be helping and it depends on what kind of carbs you are letting back in.

Mostly good carbs. Raisins are a new sweet treat but, I try to limit them. Had and Italian Ice from Sam's club yesterday, pomegranate, 90 calories, 21 grams of carbs, cold, sweet, delish! I eat small amounts of potatoes too. I am still completely omitting white flour and other simple carbs, a little sneaks in here and there though not much. I am pretty careful about which carbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly good carbs. Raisins are a new sweet treat but, I try to limit them. Had and Italian Ice from Sam's club yesterday, pomegranate, 90 calories, 21 grams of carbs, cold, sweet, delish! I eat small amounts of potatoes too. I am still completely omitting white flour and other simple carbs, a little sneaks in here and there though not much. I am pretty careful about which carbs.

Potatoes, LOADED with butter, sour cream, bacon, and cheese are actually a good way to do carbs.

I have to be careful of dried fruits...they do a real number on my system. I love them but my guts don't care for them often.

Potatoes, LOADED with butter, sour cream, bacon, and cheese are actually a good way to do carbs.

I have to be careful of dried fruits...they do a real number on my system. I love them but my guts don't care for them often.
When I was crying at the restaurant the other day...server asked how my day was going and so far I had discovered mold in my walls and I'm afraid my BFF is dying...I ordered loaded fries, which I had never had before. Fries, cheese, bacon and a little ranch dressing instead of sour cream.

Seemed like the right thing to do.

When I was crying at the restaurant the other day...server asked how my day was going and so far I had discovered mold in my walls and I'm afraid my BFF is dying...I ordered loaded fries, which I had never had before. Fries, cheese, bacon and a little ranch dressing instead of sour cream.

Seemed like the right thing to do.
Yeap, I agree...the right thing to do.

Latest posts

Back