Sunday Weigh In (6/2/2024)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
How in the hell did it get to be June already? Mother Nature decided to give me the day off from trying to pull up the rest of the weeds in that bed I’m cleaning up. It’s raining, and cool. But I didn’t sleep well, I couldn’t take or use my NSAIDS starting yesterday. I’m in the 10 day window for my Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery on the 11th.

Last week 122
This week 123

Last week 143.2
This week 141.8

I'm so happy it's June. The 10th is my last day for this school year, and I can't wait for it to get here. I'm tired. I have an appointment with my PCP on Thursday and hopefully I will get a referral to hematology so I can stop this super downward trend of my iron, as I'm officially anemic now. I'd like to be feeling better before I fly to Oxford next month.

Last week 143.2
This week 141.8

I'm so happy it's June. The 10th is my last day for this school year, and I can't wait for it to get here. I'm tired. I have an appointment with my PCP on Thursday and hopefully I will get a referral to hematology so I can stop this super downward trend of my iron, as I'm officially anemic now. I'd like to be feeling better before I fly to Oxford next month.
I hope you get the referral as well, and a quick appointment.

You’ve done marvelous on your weight loss.

How in the hell did it get to be June already? Mother Nature decided to give me the day off from trying to pull up the rest of the weeds in that bed I’m cleaning up. It’s raining, and cool. But I didn’t sleep well, I couldn’t take or use my NSAIDS starting yesterday. I’m in the 10 day window for my Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery on the 11th.

Last week 122
This week 123
Sending well wishes 🤍

Thanks for hug.
Last week 420
This week 419

HW 470
CW 419
GW 🤔
Good for you. Now remember when you get home post op, hide the scale. Don’t weigh until you have your first post op appointment and after that only once a week.
Sending well wishes 🤍
Thanks. I found some arthritis rubs recommended by others on FB that weren’t on the forbidden list by my surgeon so I was able to sleep last night.

Hi all!

I'm still around. Everything is OK since my 2018 duodenal switch surgery. Dr. Ganta seems to have done a good job. I actually struggle to maintain a healthy weight. I'm around 133 pounds and am almost never hungry, can't eat much, and eat hostess cupcakes and twinkies to try and stay out of the dangerous 120s that landed me in the hospital for a week a few years ago. After what happened to Lisa Presley, I now understand why I was there so long. I think I'm lucky, as I believe I had basically the same complication with a different outcome, for whatever reason.

I feel fine, but am not regularly taking my vitamins and haven't had labs done in a few years. I'm concerned about that, but even with insurance, labs are expensive and that's a problem, but I have an order for labs from my GP so I'll try to get that done soon.

WLS was a lifesaving decision, and getting the switch vs bypass was the smart decision, and if it wasn't for this forum, I would have a bypass, so I owe you all a lot for pursuading me.

Last edited:
I feel fine, but am not regularly taking my vitamins and haven't had labs done in a few years. I'm concerned about that, but even with insurance, labs are expensive and that's a problem, but I have an order for labs from my GP so I'll try to get that done soon.
If your out of pocket is more than ordering from Direct Labs which is owned by a DSer, go the Direct Labs route. She gives DSers a discount on the full panel. Yes, you have to pay upfront but if you are on private insurance (not Medicare or Medicaid or VA, etc), you can submit a claim to your insurance for reimbursement to get some money back.

Web site is https://directlabs.com/, go to Order Tests>View Tests and then type in the search, Duodenal Switch. It doesn’t work under Search Options.

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpeg
    IMG_0512.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back