Sunday Weigh In (6/12/2016)

Got to eat green beans and some ground beef! No problem there. Tried some of the Morningstar Farms Chipotle Black Bean burgers.. ummmm....ate 3/4 of one (after picking out the whole kernels of corn) and was utterly miserable from 8:00 pm till 4:00 am!! Ive not been so nauseous since surgery as i was that night. It might be the brown rice or something else they are made with but I'm not doing those again for quite awhile! !

Were they spicy? New sleeves may struggle with spicy food as it produces excess acid.

35# in 7 weeks is T-rif. I too go through periods of up and down and up and down with a pound or two in a week. Try not to worry about it.

Were they spicy?New sleeves may struggle with spicy food as it produces excess acid.

They weren't spicy at all, but then again I'm not a great judge of that. I've always knocked back the hottest and spiciest foods I could find. I've eaten plenty of Sriracha,horseradish aND hot sauce since the surgery. I did start very small with it to see how the new tummy liked it. I've had no problems at all with spicy yet. I will not rule it out as I know NOTHING is "normal" now. LOL I'm still guessing it was the grains. I say the rice,because I could barely eat 3/4 of the patty and felt so full. Even though I stopped well before I was overly full, it just kept building inside. Like it was continually expanding inside. So, gas?? Maybe. Grains expanding and tummy not ready? Maybe. Spices not agreeing? Maybe. Or ....maybe all of the above! I feel like such an :alien:

Something in the bean burger was not digesting to the satisfaction of your pylorus, ergo the feeling that it was expanding in your stomach sleeve. That leads to nausea. In a stomach war, the pylorus wins. "Thou shalt not pass!" This is what I get with dense protein. I'm sorry you went through this. I know from experience, it's not fun.

LW 148.5
TW 144.0
Nice drop this week...and love the newest photo. The heels you have on in the lower middle would kill me.
LW 212
TW 207.2
Very busy week getting the campground ready for another weekend and our daughters graduation party. I cant believe the energy I Have!

LW:209.1
TW:208

I shouldn't be, but I'm a bit bummed that this is moving so slow. I was up and down all week and it was the same 3 pounds!! Ugh! I'm not going to get caught up in it too much. My glucose readings have been phenomenal and I go for blood work first thing tomorrow. It's really only been 7 weeks on Tuesday. I'm down 35 pounds since surgery. I shouldn't complain.

Got to eat green beans and some ground beef! No problem there. Tried some of the Morningstar Farms Chipotle Black Bean burgers.. ummmm....ate 3/4 of one (after picking out the whole kernels of corn) and was utterly miserable from 8:00 pm till 4:00 am!! Ive not been so nauseous since surgery as i was that night. It might be the brown rice or something else they are made with but I'm not doing those again for quite awhile! !

Good to see everyone again this week!!

You are still doing great.

But unless you REALLY like the black been burgers, why not stick with real cow?

I read the ingredients list:
WATER, COOKED BLACK BEANS (BLACK BEANS, WATER), COOKED BROWN RICE (WATER, BROWN RICE), ONION, WHOLE KERNEL CORN, CORN OIL, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WHEAT GLUTEN, EGG WHITES, DICED TOMATOES, BULGUR WHEAT, GREEN CHILES, CALCIUM CASEINATE, CORNSTARCH, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF ONION POWDER, SPICES, TOMATO JUICE, YEAST EXTRACT, TOMATO POWDER, DEXTROSE, SALT, GARLIC POWDER, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (CORN GLUTEN, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN), SOY SAUCE (SOYBEANS, WHEAT, SALT), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, PAPRIKA, JALAPENO PEPPER, CITRIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM INOSINATE, THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE, CARAMEL COLOR, LACTIC ACID.

Most of that would tear up my guts (even if I could handle real spicy).

I know, I know - I only post on this weekly thread when I see a number I like.

Today - 180.2 - which is 0.4 lbs from not being obese anymore. For whatever that's worth, since I think most of my recent weight loss is muscle mass.

But unless you REALLY like the black been burgers, why not stick with real cow

I agree,especially now that I can have ground beef!!
I was just tired of the ground chick/turkey/pork and wanted a different flavor. Not particularly fond of them nor attached in any way. It was just a switch up for my taste buds. So not worth it. Live and learn!

LW 281
TW 278

Slow and steady
You are doing great.
I know, I know - I only post on this weekly thread when I see a number I like.

Today - 180.2 - which is 0.4 lbs from not being obese anymore. For whatever that's worth, since I think most of my recent weight loss is muscle mass.
Still doing good but losing muscle mass is not so good.

I agree,especially now that I can have ground beef!!
I was just tired of the ground chick/turkey/pork and wanted a different flavor. Not particularly fond of them nor attached in any way. It was just a switch up for my taste buds. So not worth it. Live and learn!
Yeah, live and learn. Glad you can stick to real cow now.

Nice drop this week...and love the newest photo. The heels you have on in the lower middle would kill me.

But unless you REALLY like the black been burgers, why not stick with real cow?

I read the ingredients list:
WATER, COOKED BLACK BEANS (BLACK BEANS, WATER), COOKED BROWN RICE (WATER, BROWN RICE), ONION, WHOLE KERNEL CORN, CORN OIL, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WHEAT GLUTEN, EGG WHITES, DICED TOMATOES, BULGUR WHEAT, GREEN CHILES, CALCIUM CASEINATE, CORNSTARCH, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF ONION POWDER, SPICES, TOMATO JUICE, YEAST EXTRACT, TOMATO POWDER, DEXTROSE, SALT, GARLIC POWDER, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (CORN GLUTEN, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN), SOY SAUCE (SOYBEANS, WHEAT, SALT), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, PAPRIKA, JALAPENO PEPPER, CITRIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM INOSINATE, THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE, CARAMEL COLOR, LACTIC ACID.

Most of that would tear up my guts (even if I could handle real spicy).
My guts are clenching just reading the ingredients list! Definitely would not work for me , even at 7 months out.
I was a (fat) vegetarian for 25 years and ate these things regularly, but nowadays the DS guts like the real cow!

LW: 235
TW: 235

I think I'm only going to weight myself once a month from here forward - around the 10th of each month. Only lost 3 pounds this month. A bit disappointing, but not bad considering I don't really watch carbs, only protein. I'm six months out and halfway to goal.

LW: 235
TW: 235

I think I'm only going to weight myself once a month from here forward - around the 10th of each month. Only lost 3 pounds this month. A bit disappointing, but not bad considering I don't really watch carbs, only protein. I'm six months out and halfway to goal.
Understand completely. But 3 lbs a month is still good...that would still be 36 lbs in a year.

Understand completely. But 3 lbs a month is still good...that would still be 36 lbs in a year.

Yes, but given the current trajectory, it's not going to be 3 lbs a month for a year. My monthly weight loss has been: 31, 12, 6, 2, 5 and now 3. If it keeps going like this, it will likely drop to 2, 1, 3, 2 etc....

I can't complain, but hope springs eternal...

Latest posts

Back