Sunday Weigh In (4/17/2016)

LW 128
TW 126

Can't seem to pinpoint my fluctuations except probably water weight. I'll take it, though!
Looking for some warm up in the weather soon! Still waking up to 20°s! Brrr!
Hey, at least you stay in a nice range.

Yeah, lovely winter we are having this spring!

I am too lazy to look up last week but I think it was 178

TW: 183

Yoyo'ng around 181. This weight range is fine by me. I just want some energy so I can work out to gain strength and to just feel human again.

I am in the process of getting hernia repair (components separation) and abominoplasty approved by insurance and hope to have surgery within 2-3 weeks max. It is looking likely that I will be traveling to Dr K as I am not liking what I see in Peoria for what I need (need a one stop shop) and I just don't want to go back to marshall. He messed me up and I just can't forget that.
As long as your labs are good, being at that weight is doable. And yes, I'm not sure I'd want Marshall to be monkeying in there now.

DO NOT OFFER YOURSELF UP. That is noble to worry about others, but frankly it is not in your interest. Wait for them to come to you and if it happens it happens. You don't want to cost yourself potential money..and offering up could be considered a resignation and no severance money awarded. You don't want that.
Depends on how it is handled, explore options carefully. Dh got 6 months of severance when he "offered up" and it was based on time in employment. Many offered up that were very close to retirement anyway.

Depends on how it is handled, explore options carefully. Dh got 6 months of severance when he "offered up" and it was based on time in employment. Many offered up that were very close to retirement anyway.
Right. Has to be done very carefully.

I got 4 months severance when put out. Many of the guys I worked with got an early retirement package plus there severance. Many walked away with $250K or more when they were already contemplating retirement anyway.

Well I'm back to my scales favorite 154.5. As of Friday I'm off Tpn For 2 weeks and on saline only. I feel I'm eating enough to sustain my food requirements. Not so good on fluid. I get in 3 to 4 16.9oz bottles a day. So they are going to see how my numbers look without the Tpn. I'll get some rest after this week. I will be done with doctors appointments hopefully for a couple of weeks. Things are looking up. 8 appointments in 2 weeks

Well I'm back to my scales favorite 154.5. As of Friday I'm off Tpn For 2 weeks and on saline only. I feel I'm eating enough to sustain my food requirements. Not so good on fluid. I get in 3 to 4 16.9oz bottles a day. So they are going to see how my numbers look without the Tpn. I'll get some rest after this week. I will be done with doctors appointments hopefully for a couple of weeks. Things are looking up. 8 appointments in 2 weeks
Your scale likes that number. Keep getting in fluid...and protein...both help with healing. And HEAL!

Hey, at least you stay in a nice range.

Yeah, lovely winter we are having this spring!

As long as your labs are good, being at that weight is doable. And yes, I'm not sure I'd want Marshall to be monkeying in there now.
My labs are not the greatest.....not horrific but need to be better as several are out of range and I take a shit ton of vites. I am hoping the hernia repair clears up absorption issues (SIBO from intermittent blockage) and I will get my energy back. I felt good for the few months after the revision and then the hernia popped up about the same time I started feeling crappy again.

I'm going to leave anyway. My last day would be 6/17. So I should wait incase they plan on laying me off anyway?

I would love the severance I've wirked very hard for this company over the years and deserve it...

I'm going to leave anyway. My last day would be 6/17. So I should wait incase they plan on laying me off anyway?

I would love the severance I've wirked very hard for this company over the years and deserve it...
I would wait a little while for sure to see if anything offered. Then if gets close I would ask about early retirement package.

BTW at CAT, people who retired within 6 months (I believe) of the early retirement package offer were given the package.

haven't checked in for several weeks - been busy, busy working in the yard on the weekends. Seems I am in a melting phase lately. I think it is the much increased activity with yard work and adding in the trainer.

LW - 186.6
TW - 183.8

this weekend is 10 months since surgery. I continue to be amazed at this journey.

LW 222lbs
TW 222lbs

I know they give you a lot of fluids in the hospital but I was hoping to lose some weight my first week, Oh well

haven't checked in for several weeks - been busy, busy working in the yard on the weekends. Seems I am in a melting phase lately. I think it is the much increased activity with yard work and adding in the trainer.

LW - 186.6
TW - 183.8

this weekend is 10 months since surgery. I continue to be amazed at this journey.
LOL, melting is a good term for this...and increased activity is always good.
LW 222lbs
TW 222lbs

I know they give you a lot of fluids in the hospital but I was hoping to lose some weight my first week, Oh well
Actually, Flo, you are lucky to have maintained the same weight this week. You will get there.

LW: 205
TW: 203

Finally, my stall is over! But while my weight wasn't dropping, I was losing inches apparently... nothing fits anymore except for the new underwear I finally bought (yay!) and a couple of tops and jeans I got at the thrift store... and now the jeans are getting a bit too roomy. The ones I just got were 18W and it looks like I'm in 16W now. I'm loving it! :)

LW: 205
TW: 203

Finally, my stall is over! But while my weight wasn't dropping, I was losing inches apparently... nothing fits anymore except for the new underwear I finally bought (yay!) and a couple of tops and jeans I got at the thrift store... and now the jeans are getting a bit too roomy. The ones I just got were 18W and it looks like I'm in 16W now. I'm loving it! :)
I see onederland in your near future! And great on the inches gone.
IF you are losing inches it isn't a true stall. A stall is when both stop for awhile.

I see onederland in your near future! And great on the inches gone.
IF you are losing inches it isn't a true stall. A stall is when both stop for awhile.

I'm looking forward to onederland :D Hopefully I'll be there by the end of the month, allowing for how slowly I seem to lose.
I haven't actually measured myself (I should do that soon) but I can definitely tell that I'm losing inches because of my clothes. Either I'm getting smaller or they're magically getting bigger.. LOL I tell you, having the DS was the best thing EVER!

I'm looking forward to onederland :D Hopefully I'll be there by the end of the month, allowing for how slowly I seem to lose.
I haven't actually measured myself (I should do that soon) but I can definitely tell that I'm losing inches because of my clothes. Either I'm getting smaller or they're magically getting bigger.. LOL I tell you, having the DS was the best thing EVER!
I had dh help me with measurements before surgery. Did his too. Then once a month on the day of our surgery, we measured again. Did that the entire first year (both of us hit normal BMI in under 8 months). And then did it quarterly the second year. We don't do it now but it was fun watching the numbers get smaller...ESP MY NECK. I was a 17 inch neck preop and now it's a 14 inch. Might be a bit smaller if the turkey waddle wasn't there.

Latest posts

Back