Sunday Weigh In (2/7/2016)

Two weeks ago 124
TW 126

Super Bowl treats started Friday at work, and while I did great with the meatballs and guacamole, the handfuls of peanut M&Ms were not so good to me.
Shrimp and chicken Pad Thai for dinner out last night and I'm swollen up like a whale!

Have a great week!
Peanut M&M's are EVIL!!!! Sorry you are up too.
I was 145 yesterday. weirdly, no matter how much I eat I stay this size.

recently did a minor injury to my back so I am doing ab exercises to help support the back
That's great about the size. Be careful with your back. Not all ab exercises help your back...some can hurt it more.

I am doing Sahrmann's exercises that a PT recommended

youtube list, there are six short exercises but you don't move on until you have mastered each one.

ETA: I am being careful; this is the first time I've had real back pain, not just a little ache, and it isn't too bad but it's scary. Do Not Want!

After hovering between 252.4 and 254.2 for a few weeks, I weighed myself on Thursday, Feb. 4 and got 251.4. That means I finally passed the 100-pound loss landmark. It was encouraging to have some loss after such a long stall.

I didn't weigh myself again today. Nine month check-up is this week and most of my labs have come back but NOT the PTH!! The PTH reading has had some problem with it (late, needed redraw, etc.) every time I've gotten it. The only thing that worried me on the readings I got so far was high osteocalcin, which can indicate too little calcium being absorbed, but I'm waiting for the PTH to get decide if I need to up my calcium and/or D3.

I have to ask why anybody monitors fat intake? We malabsorbing fat but if you are eating protein from food you are getting plenty of fat. Maybe it is my system but I have never believed in intentionally adding fat and Dr K has advised me not to do so. I get a t
Dark chocolate peanut M&Ms are nutritional supplements, with antioxidants and protein. :)
true, but screw that dark chocolate part and give me the milk chocolate with peanuts. :p

I am doing Sahrmann's exercises that a PT recommended

youtube list, there are six short exercises but you don't move on until you have mastered each one.

ETA: I am being careful; this is the first time I've had real back pain, not just a little ache, and it isn't too bad but it's scary. Do Not Want!
Good...cause no, you do NOT want back issues.

After hovering between 252.4 and 254.2 for a few weeks, I weighed myself on Thursday, Feb. 4 and got 251.4. That means I finally passed the 100-pound loss landmark. It was encouraging to have some loss after such a long stall.

I didn't weigh myself again today. Nine month check-up is this week and most of my labs have come back but NOT the PTH!! The PTH reading has had some problem with it (late, needed redraw, etc.) every time I've gotten it. The only thing that worried me on the readings I got so far was high osteocalcin, which can indicate too little calcium being absorbed, but I'm waiting for the PTH to get decide if I need to up my calcium and/or D3.
WTG on losing 100 lbs!!!

Hope your labs come back soon and in good shape.

I have to ask why anybody monitors fat intake? We malabsorbing fat but if you are eating protein from food you are getting plenty of fat. Maybe it is my system but I have never believed in intentionally adding fat and Dr K has advised me not to do so. I get a t

true, but screw that dark chocolate part and give me the milk chocolate with peanuts. :p
I monitor to make sure I get ENOUGH fat! I have a fine line between not enough and too much.

Dark chocolate is heavenly! I'll take it and you can have the peanuts...they still hurt my jaw.

I can tolerate dark chocolate now, but I still really am not a fan. Milk chocolate I love and Peanuts I love.

That sucks about your jaw.

Well I have been in the hospital since last Sunday
. From Saturday night to Sunday morning I went from 132 To 142. I was admitted. Another infection around my colon. They were going to replace my feeding tube but I had nno stomach for the way they do it. I'm doing tpn both picc lines infiltrated. Plus I got a blood clot. I have no veins anywhere so tomorrow the surgeon will try placing a port. Weight today 131. Happy Sunday

LW: 227
TW: 224

Still moving in the right direction. Yay!
I have started bowling once a week with people I just met. I figure the extra exercise is worth the embarrassment of bowling a 56... and/or doing a nice butt plant on the approach (but I got a strike!) LOL

I have a couple of new dietary obsession:
Diced chicken in a homemade peanut and sriracha sauce and beef jerky. I've been making both excessively! The jerky is working out well - it's a great snack and it's fairly easy to make. I also tried making slim jims this weekend and they turned out really well but boy do they take a lot of work when stuffing from the meat grinder. I think next time I'll use the jerky cannon for stuffing the casings... lol

Now back to enjoying my chicken with peanut-sriracha sauce :D

. From Saturday night to Sunday morning I went from 132 To 142. I was admitted. Another infection around my colon. They were going to replace my feeding tube but I had nno stomach for the way they do it. I'm doing tpn both picc lines infiltrated. Plus I got a blood clot. I have no veins anywhere so tomorrow the surgeon will try placing a port. Weight today 131. Happy Sunday
Oh no hon. I am so sorry.

Are you in Cali or in AZ? So the surgery tomorrow is to do what? You day there is no stomach to place the feeding tube socks I am confused what you are having done and I thought the feedid tube went into the small bowel and not the stomach?

Best wishes!

Oh good grief! I'm so sorry to hear things are bad again. It's like you can never catch a break! Here's hoping you recover quickly and enjoy good health going forward.

Oh dear Lord, @Charris it seems you can NOT catch a break. Glad you lost the extra BUT did you have to do it by landing in the hospital???
LW: 227
TW: 224

Still moving in the right direction. Yay!
I have started bowling once a week with people I just met. I figure the extra exercise is worth the embarrassment of bowling a 56... and/or doing a nice butt plant on the approach (but I got a strike!) LOL

I have a couple of new dietary obsession:
Diced chicken in a homemade peanut and sriracha sauce and beef jerky. I've been making both excessively! The jerky is working out well - it's a great snack and it's fairly easy to make. I also tried making slim jims this weekend and they turned out really well but boy do they take a lot of work when stuffing from the meat grinder. I think next time I'll use the jerky cannon for stuffing the casings... lol

Now back to enjoying my chicken with peanut-sriracha sauce :D
You are doing great. And whatever keeps you active is the best exercise.

Oh no hon. I am so sorry.

Are you in Cali or in AZ? So the surgery tomorrow is to do what? You day there is no stomach to place the feeding tube socks I am confused what you are having done and I thought the feedid tube went into the small bowel and not the stomach?

Best wishes!

I'm in AZ. I needed a picc But have no veins. So they were going to try the central line that could last up to 2 years. Dr. Suggested since I have no veins anywhere port may be best since dr. K has been donating 18 tubes about every 3 months.

They were going to try to replace the feeding tube by inserting it through tiny incisions the also went through a part of the stomach is don't have

I'm in AZ. I needed a picc But have no veins. So they were going to try the central line that could last up to 2 years. Dr. Suggested since I have no veins anywhere port may be best since dr. K has been donating 18 tubes about every 3 months.

They were going to try to replace the feeding tube by inserting it through tiny incisions the also went through a part of the stomach is don't have
I hope they are consulting with Dr K on the feeding tube part and that you get that port in quickly. The port should be helpful.

Best of luck to you honey, you are going through too much garbage and need a break. Can they do TPN through the mediport?

I have to ask why anybody monitors fat intake? We malabsorbing fat but if you are eating protein from food you are getting plenty of fat. Maybe it is my system but I have never believed in intentionally adding fat and Dr K has advised me not to do so. I get a

You have not been constipated by your DS. If you had, you would consider adding fat.

Latest posts

Back