Sunday Weigh In (2/28/2021)

Today 138.1
Last week 143.8

My arms are now done and I’m back at work. Stamina is OK. I’m pleased with my results and the surgeon is also pleased.

Post surgery my bathroom schedule is all over the place but this weekend I’ve eaten mostly seafood which usually makes my guts happy and egg dishes. Miralax most days still to keep things moving.

Today 138.1
Last week 143.8

My arms are now done and I’m back at work. Stamina is OK. I’m pleased with my results and the surgeon is also pleased.

Post surgery my bathroom schedule is all over the place but this weekend I’ve eaten mostly seafood which usually makes my guts happy and egg dishes. Miralax most days still to keep things moving.
Good for you.

281 last week
276 This week

I did shakes for breakfast and lunch then ate dinner only. 23 days until surgery. I had a pulled pork sandwich on Texas toast Friday. I am still confused between what I will and won't be able to eat. Greasy foods will or won't make a DSer sick? Isn't bullet proof coffee full of fat? What literature says vs what I hear from actual people who have had the surgery is so different. I guess I will find out myself soon enough. :cool:

281 last week
276 This week

I did shakes for breakfast and lunch then ate dinner only. 23 days until surgery. I had a pulled pork sandwich on Texas toast Friday. I am still confused between what I will and won't be able to eat. Greasy foods will or won't make a DSer sick? Isn't bullet proof coffee full of fat? What literature says vs what I hear from actual people who have had the surgery is so different. I guess I will find out myself soon enough. :cool:
Good for you.
For the discussion on fat: https://bariatricfacts.org/threads/fats-are-not-the-enemy.3185/
What gets me is the carb/fat foods, not fat by itself.
Yes, bullet proof coffee is full of fat. But for some, it’s the easiest way to get enough fat.

The literature was written by people what do not actually live with the surgery.

281 last week
276 This week

For me I like real butter, heavy cream, fatty cuts of meat, avocado, mayonnaise, and full fat salad dressings vice “greasy foods”. I do eat things that have been deep fried but greasy things would upset my system. I drink my coffee brewed pretty strong then with probably a good quarter cup of heavy cream and 2 Splendas in it.

last week 137
yesterday 137

after I got myself going in the right direction - powered by shifting my priorty from avoiding carbs to feeding my microbiome - I had a big setback when I went back to eating "protein bars" of various types. I need to stop it with those and get back to eating more produce.

:walk: It's like spring here - 50s, full sun, very little wind - and I'm headed out for my second walk.

see you next week with the good news!

281 last week
276 This week

Fat doesn’t make me sick. The DS is a high protein high fat diet and the literature I received from my doctor and nutritionist (from my memory) says minimum 90 grams of protein and 120 grams of fat. Those with a gastric bypass seem to get sick from a lot of the foods they shouldn’t eat. The only time I was actually sick was when I had a stomach virus then started having complications with my stomach and how it was healing and then when I had a stent in it. Not a single thing makes me sick now.

Last week 194.6
This week 189.4

No idea. I wasn't exceptionally good this week.

A lot of dealing with fats is trial and error. Mostly if I don't go hog wild I don't get in trouble. Using fat to get down carbs leads to bad things but fat in and of itself usually works okay. Like anything too much in a go will eventually lead to problems. Like, I don't know, eating 3 bags of pork rinds in a day :whistling:

Last Week: 146.0
This Week: 144.4

I did see 143.8 on the scale earlier this week, but I haven't been particularly "regular" lately because of my diet, so that's what the scale read today - oh well.

Last edited:
last week 137
yesterday 137

after I got myself going in the right direction - powered by shifting my priorty from avoiding carbs to feeding my microbiome - I had a big setback when I went back to eating "protein bars" of various types. I need to stop it with those and get back to eating more produce.

:walk: It's like spring here - 50s, full sun, very little wind - and I'm headed out for my second walk.

see you next week with the good news!
Glad the weather is cooperating. Protein bars can be like crack. Need to eat real protein and good veggies.
Fat doesn’t make me sick. The DS is a high protein high fat diet and the literature I received from my doctor and nutritionist (from my memory) says minimum 90 grams of protein and 120 grams of fat. Those with a gastric bypass seem to get sick from a lot of the foods they shouldn’t eat. The only time I was actually sick was when I had a stomach virus then started having complications with my stomach and how it was healing and then when I had a stent in it. Not a single thing makes me sick now.
Yeah, that’s me. Although I can overdose on combinations. For example, Thanksgiving part a few years back with the grandson at school. Between dressing, corn Pudding, and something else made with corn, my system hated me. Individually I probably would have been okay, but all at once, no good.
Last week 194.6
This week 189.4

No idea. I wasn't exceptionally good this week.

A lot of dealing with fats is trial and error. Mostly if I don't go hog wild I don't get in trouble. Using fat to get down carbs leads to bad things but fat in and of itself usually works okay. Like anything too much in a go will eventually lead to problems. Like, I don't know, eating 3 bags of pork rinds in a day :whistling:
Hell, I can’t manage one bag of pork rinds. But I can eat a whole small multi serving bag of potato chips in a day. At least now, I tend to avoid that. The consequences are a reminder of what not to do.
Last Week: 159.6
This Week: 162.6
Okay, is that a bad thing going up three lbs. I ask because some get low enough to need a few extra lbs.

Glad the weather is cooperating. Protein bars can be like crack. Need to eat real protein and good veggies.

Yeah, that’s me. Although I can overdose on combinations. For example, Thanksgiving part a few years back with the grandson at school. Between dressing, corn Pudding, and something else made with corn, my system hated me. Individually I probably would have been okay, but all at once, no good.

Hell, I can’t manage one bag of pork rinds. But I can eat a whole small multi serving bag of potato chips in a day. At least now, I tend to avoid that. The consequences are a reminder of what not to do.

Okay, is that a bad thing going up three lbs. I ask because some get low enough to need a few extra lbs.

Red beans and rice gave me painful gas but that’s it.

I don’t feel like it is 3 pounds is a bad thing. I don’t love it but my period is coming.

Latest posts

Back