Sunday Weigh In (12/20/2015)

LW BMI: 33.1
TW BMI: 33

Very disappointing that 5.5 weeks out, I can only eat about 350 calories a day, power walk 3-4 miles, yet I lost less than a pound last week. How is that even possible? Am I a tillandsia?

Solids are still a no-go, and worse than a week ago. Went out to lunch the other day (first time) and ordered lobster bisque soup as I had had the Costco version the day before without incident. After five small spoonfuls, three of which had small chunks of very soft lobster, I was done and praying that the pain wouldn’t start. But it did. I struggled to look “normal” for the sake of my dining companion, until I had to stand up and scout out the location of the bathroom. I held it together until after lunch, made it home, ran in the door and hurled. (First, there is always a blob of clear mucous like a jellyfish, followed a few minutes later by “clean” undigested solids — all liquids, sauces, soups etc have passed on to the intestine.) The next day I tried Wendy’s chili which I tolerated well the past 2-3 times. Now, less than a half ounce and I felt full… and then the pain started and I lost the chili an hour or so later. Today I dug out the Fisher Price Baby Food Processor that had been collecting dust for 24 years. (When I can only eat an ounce, the blender is just too big.) I pureed 2T of the remaining chili and I was a little uncomfortably full but it stayed down. BTW, my surgeon is useless. After telling them that I get ill after eating, at best, a tablespoon of rice-sized flecks of solids in a tiny infant spoon over a long period of time, they replied that I should eat smaller, dime-sized bites. Uh, rice-sized is far smaller than dime-sized.

(I am oversharing for the benefit of others looking in to surgery or newly switched. I know I read these threads pre-surgery. I saw people post that they were sick as dogs from day one or had major complications, but never saw anyone post that they were OK except for the fact that they couldn’t eat solids this far out from surgery.)
yeah, I don't know Liz. Labs worry me too but Dr K didn't seem to think they were all that bad. Key things are trending the wrong way so I don't like the levels or the direction of a few things.

Latest posts

Back