Sunday Weigh In (11/12/2017)

LW: 146
TW: 148

...whatever
You'll get there. And you can see that even those of us many years out, we still bounce around.
I completely bounce around with 5-10 lbs right now from day to day— 147 then 152 then 149 then 156 then back down to 148 today. Who knows, I feel like 139 is never going to come, but I felt that way about 149 too.. I’m not too terribly concerned as long as I don’t start to see a steady climb- I guess I’ve hit that point it’s time for it all to slow down and get a little harder to take off and even maintain. . Really not looking forward to the bounce back — I.D be lying if I said that doesn’t scare the poop right out of me.
Which is why I avoid weighing more than once a week unless I am verifying my home scale to my surgeons scale.

It isn't impossible. A friend who is now 17 years out thought at 14 years, she would never see normal BMI. That's when I first met her. She managed to get all her lab work optimal and upped her fat just a bit, lowered her carbs, and managed to lose another 40 lbs and hit normal BMI. THAT is the beauty of the DS.

2 weeks ago: 135
This week: 135

I went to the Bay Area last weekend and lost 5 pounds. It was great to visit old haunts and see friends. I ate pretty healthy even with the one day trip (complementry tasteing) to Healdsburg and Napa to pick-up wine with my Neighbor. I came home to the desert and put that back on PDQ. I guess my body likes it here. But I sure would like to get under 130 again.

Have a great week all,
Whit

I was pushing 200 before surgery but today I was 189. Not too unexpected.

BTW, I am lot more sore yesterday and today than I was 5 days ago. I am pretty sure it is just the 3-4 inch incision on the belt line, healing so it is a bit tight and tender. That whole groin region and lower abdomen has had a lot of work the past several years so it makes sense that it would be a bit tender in that region. Hopefully in a few days it is buy me and I can stop the pain killers. I was cutting back until yesterday but if I need them I need them. Hopefully just a few more days and I can put them away in case I need them at some other date.

BTW, Dr K prescribed oral Dilaudid for me and what a pain in the ass it was to get that script filled. CVS, Walgreens and other large chain pharmacies didn't carry the drug. Luckily I had some Norco left because I was discharged on a Sunday and of course the one pharmacy who carried the drug was not open on Sundays. These opiod restrictions are going to cause a lot of pain and suffering because people who really need them and aren't addicts abusing them, are going to have great difficulty getting a prescription and a Pharmacy to fill it. I cringe every time I hear somebody on TV talking about the "Opiod Restriction".

I went to the Bay Area last weekend and lost 5 pounds. It was great to visit old haunts and see friends. I ate pretty healthy even with the one day trip (complementry tasteing) to Healdsburg and Napa to pick-up wine with my Neighbor. I came home to the desert and put that back on PDQ. I guess my body likes it here. But I sure would like to get under 130 again.

Have a great week all,
Whit

Ok, so I would say, since you are in the desert now, maybe your body is thinking like a camel body and you need to store water. :) It's not fat.

Have a great week all,
Whit
Sounds like you enjoyed your trip. Sorry you popped right back up.

I was pushing 200 before surgery but today I was 189. Not too unexpected.

BTW, I am lot more sore yesterday and today than I was 5 days ago. I am pretty sure it is just the 3-4 inch incision on the belt line, healing so it is a bit tight and tender. That whole groin region and lower abdomen has had a lot of work the past several years so it makes sense that it would be a bit tender in that region. Hopefully in a few days it is buy me and I can stop the pain killers. I was cutting back until yesterday but if I need them I need them. Hopefully just a few more days and I can put them away in case I need them at some other date.

BTW, Dr K prescribed oral Dilaudid for me and what a pain in the ass it was to get that script filled. CVS, Walgreens and other large chain pharmacies didn't carry the drug. Luckily I had some Norco left because I was discharged on a Sunday and of course the one pharmacy who carried the drug was not open on Sundays. These opiod restrictions are going to cause a lot of pain and suffering because people who really need them and aren't addicts abusing them, are going to have great difficulty getting a prescription and a Pharmacy to fill it. I cringe every time I hear somebody on TV talking about the "Opiod Restriction".
I’m just glad you are healing and it sounds like 189 is your happy place.

Last week 127
This week 127.5 Basically the same, I'll take it! Like some of you, I'm starting to feel that to lose a few remaining pounds to give myself some wiggle room against the debated bounce back regain that I'm going to have to change things up a bit. I think I've let myself slip into a BAD habit of having a few too many treats and time to nip it in the bud.

Do any of you ever feel "fat" one day and then "thin" the very next day? I don't know if it's all mental or if it's my body feeling bloated from eating something I shouldn't have. Maybe some of both. It is a scary feeling to me and I start having flashbacks to how I felt and looked when I was 110 pounds heavier and how much I don't want to EVER go back to that. Yesterday was a fat day but this morning I feel better.

Last week 127
This week 127.5 Basically the same, I'll take it! Like some of you, I'm starting to feel that to lose a few remaining pounds to give myself some wiggle room against the debated bounce back regain that I'm going to have to change things up a bit. I think I've let myself slip into a BAD habit of having a few too many treats and time to nip it in the bud.

Do any of you ever feel "fat" one day and then "thin" the very next day? I don't know if it's all mental or if it's my body feeling bloated from eating something I shouldn't have. Maybe some of both. It is a scary feeling to me and I start having flashbacks to how I felt and looked when I was 110 pounds heavier and how much I don't want to EVER go back to that. Yesterday was a fat day but this morning I feel better.
Good for you.
AND YES, OMG, YES. And it has NOTHING to do with my weight, just my brain messing with me.

Latest posts

Back