State Insurance Board Question

JJ The Jet Plane

I live in one state, received care in another, I need to contact the State Insurance Board with an issue, need to know who to start with.

2years ago I needed a feeding tube and since my insurance did not cover WLS complications and has an exclusion, we had to pay out of pocket for all that the feeding tube expenses and had to pay over 2K just to leave the hospital. In fact they couldnt work out the details of the feeding tube so I was kept in the hospital 2 days longer than I should have been. 19K hospital bill not covered because of the exclusion.

I was told this week that behavior was illegal (making me pay out of pocket to leave and making me stay longer in hospital when I didn't technically need to be there just because they couldnt get organized.) and the state insurance board should be notified. However it was in one state and I live and work in another??

Contact both or where it occurred? I just do not want the issue dismissed.
I know it might not help me, I do not want anyone else to experience this.
Thanks

That was what I was thinking, then a medical professional recommended to do it in both states?? My home state would not have jurisdiction over another states medical care insurance issue? I may do both just in case there is another bill issue I could clear up. Thanks

I live in one state, received care in another, I need to contact the State Insurance Board with an issue, need to know who to start with.

2years ago I needed a feeding tube and since my insurance did not cover WLS complications and has an exclusion, we had to pay out of pocket for all that the feeding tube expenses and had to pay over 2K just to leave the hospital. In fact they couldnt work out the details of the feeding tube so I was kept in the hospital 2 days longer than I should have been. 19K hospital bill not covered because of the exclusion.

I was told this week that behavior was illegal (making me pay out of pocket to leave and making me stay longer in hospital when I didn't technically need to be there just because they couldnt get organized.) and the state insurance board should be notified. However it was in one state and I live and work in another??

Contact both or where it occurred? I just do not want the issue dismissed.
I know it might not help me, I do not want anyone else to experience this.
Thanks
On this part..."(making me pay out of pocket to leave and making me stay longer in hospital when I didn't technically need to be there just because they couldnt get organized.) " is there written proof of this statement?
I ask because isn't the person/entity who makes the discharge decision/order actually the doctor?

Write up what happened, in detail. Who said what, when. What paperwork you have backing it up. Get that in order before you contact the state insurance board in the state where this happened.

On this part..."(making me pay out of pocket to leave and making me stay longer in hospital when I didn't technically need to be there just because they couldnt get organized.) " is there written proof of this statement?
I ask because isn't the person/entity who makes the discharge decision/order actually the doctor?

They sent my medical food to the wrong address Apria. They were the ones that required the $$ before medical care, in turn the hospital wouldnt release me, I was told, because I was unable to feed myself without the proper supplies. Their mistake took 2 days to clear up. Finding that document stating why I was left in the hospital might be hard to find. My memory is really only what I wrote down from that time since I was malnourished, this might be a moot point. :-( boo.

They sent my medical food to the wrong address Apria. They were the ones that required the $$ before medical care, in turn the hospital wouldnt release me, I was told, because I was unable to feed myself without the proper supplies. Their mistake took 2 days to clear up. Finding that document stating why I was left in the hospital might be hard to find. My memory is really only what I wrote down from that time since I was malnourished, this might be a moot point. :-( boo.
I don't want you to think that you shouldn't TRY. I am merely anticipating their response. Something aling the lines of your condition was not static, what you needed in place to be discharged safely was not there, and so on.

But do what Diana said.

Latest posts

Back