Some days

Dawn

I feel like I will never get home. I miss home so much. I'm uncomfortabLe and tired of being here. They did more surgery on Fri. This this is replaced the feeding tube added new j tube and cleaned more abless up

Hi Dawn - does abless=abcess? You are really having a post operative struggle and I really feel for you - are you feeling any better, more human? Or not?
Thinking of you - sorry you had to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital, too that sucks. :( xo

Dawn, I'm sorry you are still struggling but glad you are here and updating us. Hopefully this surgery will finish the abscess problems and help you get better. It sucks being in the hospital, esp over a holiday, but you need this care right now and I'm glad you're complications are being taken seriously by your doctors and they are taking action to get you better.
stay strong! You will get through this.

Larra

Yes. It will get better. Just try to muster your best fake it till you can make it face. It WILL get better, you will be home, comfy, with all your snuggly bits in place. Just hang on.

Dawn, This is just awful and I hate that you are going through so much and that your recovery is so incredibly challenging. I know you will come through this stronger (and you are one strong woman already!). You are in all of our hearts and minds and we wish you comfort and rapid healing. Hang in there! It *will* get better!

Thanks guys that really means alot to me. Makes it a little less lonely.

How are you doing today, Dawn?
I'm having trouble sleeping so I'm pretty tired. My feeding tube was leaking yesterday so after being home for 2 days I had to go back to er. At least they didn't keep me they just lowered my feeding rate. So although I'm hooked to feed machine all day I'm only getting 30 ml an hour of hydration.

The nightmares are the worst I am still terrified I'm not going to make it thru this.

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Are you on Tram@dol for pain? It gives me (and many others) insomnia and horrible, vivid nightmares. (by the way, the middle letter of the medicine I tried to spell is a, but it is apparently a banned word for some reason.)

Can you take any hydration by mouth?

Hope you get some rest. You will make it through this! You're on the upside!

The nightmares are the worst I am still terrified I'm not going to make it thru this.

if you aren't on something for anxiety, ask. if you are, maybe they need to change it.

Latest posts

Back