Happy Turkey Day to All!

KyahRose, the ONLY turkey I ever had that was worth eating was one my baby sister made. She had three sticks of butter in that thing. It was so moist. Even the white meat which typically is the driest part of the bird.

KyahRose, the ONLY turkey I ever had that was worth eating was one my baby sister made. She had three sticks of butter in that thing. It was so moist. Even the white meat which typically is the driest part of the bird.
OMG!!! I bet that bird melted in the mouth, litterally! Mine turned out pretty good, if I recall right. It had good flavor, and moist enough for me to eat. Trouble was, I had a hard time eating the whole thing myself. By the end of that week, I was so sick of turkey.....but omg, it was amazing.

I made my favorite thing for Thanksgiving - reservations at a Brazilian steakhouse for the five of us. On Thanksgiving they have the full traditional turkey and accoutrements spread in lieu of the soup station at their salad bar - in addition to their standard tableside delivery of steak and other meats on spears. Yum! No muss, no fuss.
Sounds heavenly!

Our party grew because my cousin and her young adult son with Down Syndrome never celebrated Thanksgiving because her husband was a Mexican she met in college in France and they lived in Uruguay! Then she called to cancel because her daughter decided to surprise her by flying in from Virginia. I said to bring her. She called again to cancel because her son was coming from San Diego. I said to bring him. (Her kids had only met us once when they were kids, so they agreed to come but would give her the evil eye when they wanted to leave. They never left!) Meanwhile, MiniSue’s boyfriend decided to NOT go up north to see his parents and another friend decided he needed to tag along and then the parents of her good friend who was Filipina decided they only wanted pancit, so SHE needed to be at a Turkey place…and it just kept going.
Lol it sounds like a Hallmark movie, I can just imagine it in my mind!

OMG, I love Brazilian Steakhouses! Fogo De Chao for the win....they actually just opened a brand new location in my city of Irving, Tx. Hoping to get to go soon. Another new favorite of mine is called Japan House, which is all you can eat Japanese cuisine / sushi. No, I don't need the rice, but heck....I figure all you can eat sashimi might be beneficial for protein intake. They also have really good Japanese short ribs. The portion sizes are also reasonably small each round.
It was Fogo de Chao - but in Chicago. :) Japan House sounds wonderful.

We had a mostly quiet Turkey day. I cooked dinner and it was just me and hubby and daughter and her boyfriend. I ate a few bites of mashed potatoes (had to check the seasoning), but that was my big splurge. I had plenty of turkey and low-carb options, so it pretty much felt like a normal Thanksgiving. Hubby and I are homebodies, so we prefer small and quiet.

Next year, I may try to cook us a turkey. I cooked my first turkey back in 2015 when I spent Thanksgiving alone that year due to not having time off or funds for travel. I happened to win the turkey in a small town bowling tournament / event that year, and it came out amazing for my first try.
My partner went into Target on Friday and discovered this little turkey on massive discount. They got it for $6 and are SO PROUD of the savings! LOL So I guess I have more turkey in my future... Winning a turkey would be an excellent prize for them! :ROFLMAO: I'm telling them to stuff the skin with butter.

We just watched a Foodie show focusing on the Black Food Experience in the US. One of the featured spots was Virtue in Hyde Park. We drooled the whole time!
Keeping our fingers crossed that Hannah gets in to her top choice school as it is less than a mile away and would be a great reason to eat there!

Latest posts

Back