So Monday is the day

Scott, I'm pleased and relieved that Cameron is out of surgery and that all went well, even if "all" turned out to be more than anticipated. It sounds like Dr. K was very thorough and hopefully the new drainage system for his stomach will do the trick.
Poor Cameron has been on so many meds for so long that his liver has ramped up its ability to process those meds (almost all meds are processed either by the liver or the kidneys, usually liver). so naturally he processed the anesthetic meds fast, too, and needed more than normal. If he can be weaned off the narcotics and sedatives and whatever, this problem should improve, but it will take time.
and I'm so very, very glad that he had his surgery with Dr. K and not with the surgeon back home, that he still has his whole stomach, and that if (heaven forbid!) this operation doesn't provide adequate drainage there are options left for the future.

Keep us posted!

Scott, I'm pleased and relieved that Cameron is out of surgery and that all went well, even if "all" turned out to be more than anticipated. It sounds like Dr. K was very thorough and hopefully the new drainage system for his stomach will do the trick.
Poor Cameron has been on so many meds for so long that his liver has ramped up its ability to process those meds (almost all meds are processed either by the liver or the kidneys, usually liver). so naturally he processed the anesthetic meds fast, too, and needed more than normal. If he can be weaned off the narcotics and sedatives and whatever, this problem should improve, but it will take time.
and I'm so very, very glad that he had his surgery with Dr. K and not with the surgeon back home, that he still has his whole stomach, and that if (heaven forbid!) this operation doesn't provide adequate drainage there are options left for the future.

Keep us posted!
Larra thank you so much.

You are 100% correct in that Dr K was so very thorough, and LOL he told us he had fun today! The finding of the Meckel's I think was something that doesn't happen often so I can see how that would be very cool for a surgeon.

He went over things meticulously with us and did what certainly sounds like good work. We are so very thankful for this place and leading us to Dr K.

I will be thinking about you, Cameron, I don't know the back story yet (will catch up!) but this sounds serious.

Scott, glad you got Dr. K on it! What won't we do for our "babies"!?! (mine are 22 and 24!)

Be well!

Shelia

Scott, i'm so glad to hear that Cameron is out of surgery and DrK found and fixed some things that MIGHT be the cause of Cameron's pain.

And now, I need to go find out if the doctors have eliminated Meckel's Diverticulum as a possible cause of my brother's chronic abdominal pain.

Scott, i'm so glad to hear that Cameron is out of surgery and DrK found and fixed some things that MIGHT be the cause of Cameron's pain.

And now, I need to go find out if the doctors have eliminated Meckel's Diverticulum as a possible cause of my brother's chronic abdominal pain.
Thanks Dianna.

From the little reading I have done since Dr K told us of this meckels it seems to indicate that lower right quadrant pain is very similar to appendicitis...... BTW I also read that when doing an appendectomy the surgeon should look for a Meckels.

1) I wonder if Cameron actually had a "tip appendicitis" - I'd want to see the path report on the tissue that was removed. Maybe it was the Meckel's all the time?

2) I wonder if it can also hurt on the other side (my brother's pain is mostly on the left).

1) I wonder if Cameron actually had a "tip appendicitis" - I'd want to see the path report on the tissue that was removed. Maybe it was the Meckel's all the time?

2) I wonder if it can also hurt on the other side (my brother's pain is mostly on the left).
The surgeon said the appendix was definitely inflamed and his right quadrant pain got better immediately after the appendectomy.

He has been having left side of the abdomen pain since the surgery and near one of the incisions. Dr k said there was an adhesion there so hopefully this procedure made it better.

Glad he is out and that Dr. K has sharp eyes, skilled hands and a strong will to do all that he can to help. Wishing Cameron a very speedy recovery. Hoping this is the start of a much more comfortable life! :)

Wow...that's a bunch of stuff going on. I SO hope this fixes his issues and he can get about the business of being healthy!
So glad he was able to get all of these things taken care of. Praying for a speedy recovery for him!

We're all right there with you guys Scott. The genuine carring on this thread literally teared me up this morning after reading everything and....I am MAN enough to even post it...lol!

Latest posts

Back