So I am in Rochester

.. and going to do the walk up thing at Mayo Clinic tomorrow to see if I can be seen and get a full work up and hopefully a diagnosis for why I feel so weak, fatigued, shitty in general and passing out 2-3 times a day with absolutely no warning. I had a 24 hour Holter Study two Friday's ago and it basically showed my sinus rhythm is okay and I had "rare ACP's and PCV's " but apparently those are okay too. My brother drove me up and we are going to hang up here this week and next week if necessary to get worked in. I am told this works but it can take time, so we shall see.

I am going to ask for a fully syncope work up looking at:
Enodicrine system - Adrenal stress test, glucose tolerance, ??
Cardiac
Autonomic Neuro System - Tilt table testing and anything else that could cause vagal response
Autoimmune testing

I also have emptying issues, bladder and bowels where it feels like feces or something gets stuck to my prostrate or bladder. It gives me a burning sensation (not exteme burning but irritation) and like I say it feels like things are stuck so I am wondering if I have either a possible large bladder stone or and adhesion to may prostate or bladder, or scar tissue wrapping around prostate or bladder.

Hopefully I get a full work up in a relatively timely manner and it identifies the cause of my passing out and other less serious issues. I am at my wits end down about not being able to do anything with my life including supporting my family so I need this.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Good luck, you old fart.

Thanks everybody. I must have clicked something because I haven't been getting notifications in my email like I normally do when somebody comments on a thread I started or have commented in...so I just saw this.

I know I'm home when Spiky calls Scott a old fart! Lmao
Yes, to both of you! Great to see you Barb and thanks for the kind words...I hope you are well.....and yes Spikey giving me shit, yep you be home!! :p

Latest posts

Back