So…the NEW weight loss drugs.

Spiky Bugger

Looks to me like there are a few items of note:

•monthly injections—that can be a plus if it avoids major surgery, ESPECIALLY if you are self-pay, but you’d better be available for every visit.
•brain involvement—patients report that the “food noise” that has caused them to CONSTANTLY be concerned with the next meal, the next snack, and food-food-food.
•UNlike the DS…you get it once and then, of course keeping up with blood work and supplements, you move on with your new life…this treatment is monthly, forever.
•Also UNlike the DS…you can easily return to your pre-treatment life.

But, since my DS had a copayment that would be +/-$5000 today’s money vs $1000 in cash payments for non-covered-by-insurance treatment, I would probably “tried” the drugs first.

And you?

If you haven’t watched it, I recommend the Oprah special that came out a week or so ago. It’s really well done and she brings a variety of people on who are using the various drugs as well as some of the researchers and manufacturers.

If I recall, stopping the drugs does reverse the effects. It’s fine to stop them but you won’t receive the benefits, they don’t fix your body chemistry.

My father is on ozempic and has been for a long time, before it got popular, as a T2D and he’s lost a bunch of weight and has no desire to eat. Which is .. not good for a 90-year old who sleeps 18 hours a day. 😐

Personally, I’m trying Berberine as an alternative to the medications to see if I can get some stubborn pounds off. I have also noticed less interest in food, overall, but it’s only been a week or so since starting.

brain involvement—patients report that the “food noise” that has caused them to CONSTANTLY be concerned with the next meal, the next snack, and food-food-food.

I wish there was more research into why/how this happens to people rather than just wanting to sell us a drug to work on it.

I had the urge to binge eat since before puberty and WHY? since reading Ultra-processed People I have been sure the way our food is manufactured is a big piece of the puzzle.

I’m trying Berberine as an alternative to the medications to see if I can get some stubborn pounds off. I have also noticed less interest in food
I hope it works for you and I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. No appetite is the opposite of what someone his age needs! Does he live somewhere he can try cannabis?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back