Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

more2adore

If you like Buffalo Chicken Wings, you're gonna love this. Hubby and I always double the recipe because we fight over who gets thirds otherwise, haha. It's SO GOOD. :) And obviously totally low-carb!

From: http://www.slenderkitchen.com/sunday-slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken/

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
Servings: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1/6 recipe, about 3/4 cup
Nutritional Info: 154.4 calories, 3.5g of fat, 8.1g of carbohydrates, 1.6g of fiber, 33.9g of proteinWeight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 4 *

Ingredients

• 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken
  • 2 whole carrots
  • 2 whole ribs celery
  • 1 small onion, quartered
  • 2 clove garlic
  • 1.5 cups chicken broth
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/2-2/3 cup store bought buffalo sauce, like Frank’s
  • Optional: 2 tbsp. butter, add 1 point per serving
Instructions

1. Add the chicken breast, whole garlic, whole celery ribs, whole carrots, onion, whole garlic cloves, and chicken broth to the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Cook on high for 4 hours. Dispose of all but 1/3 cup of cooking liquid and all of the vegetables. Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
  3. Add the buffalo sauce and butter if using. Let cook for 15 more minutes.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
We usually serve it with crumbled blue cheese on top. :D Mmmm... I think I'm making this tomorrow. It's been like 2 weeks since I've had it, and that's too long. ;) lol!

I made this tonight! The whole family loved it, thanks for posting!

I served an avocado-shrimp salad with it. The creaminess of the salad was perfect with the hot/vinegary chicken. MMMMM

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/avocado-shrimp-salad/
  • 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed
  • 2 tomatoes, diced
  • 1 small sweet onion, chopped
  • 1 pound cooked salad shrimp
  • 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • I added the following to the recipe:
  • 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1 cup chopped cilantro
  • 2 ounces canned green chilies

CIMG0114.JPG @moretoadore - thank you for sticking up for my close friend, blue cheese. I am from Buffalo and we are offended, appalled and quite frankly saddened that people would consider anything but blue cheese. I consider myself an expert in this area and I never understand how establishments can call something Buffalo Chicken Wings and then serve them with Ranch or put some kind of breading on the wings. It's 4 ingredients....wings, Franks hot sauce, butter to vary the spice level and blue cheese. Not that hard. How much research did they do?! Here is a picture of my husband at Anchor Bar where wings were invented. He actually cried when he first ate there when he realized that this bar in my hometown created something that everyone knows. So cute. I adore him!

Latest posts

Back