Saying Hello

Cunninglinguist

Hi everyone, I am Andrew from South Africa, I had my DS surgery on the 9th of Feb and I am down 76kg (176lbs) since this whole journey started in November last year... This has changed my life so much, I have never been shy or an introvert, and have had alot of success in my life professionally and personally... But since the weight has come off, and still going... My feet have not yet touched the ground... This desicion was by far the greatest one I have made.. In 33 years of existence, I am truly alive now...Looking forward to learning and sharing.

Holy cow, you lost 176 pounds in a little over 5 months?! Congratulations on your success and welcome to the forum. How are you labs?

Hi.. I lost 47 on my own before surgery, I have my 6 month post op, visit on the 11th of August, so I will be doing blood work soon, but all my post op visits were very satisfactory, I have been told by the team I am doing swimmingly :)

Welcome and congratulations on your very impressive weight loss! It's fantastic to see your positivity on the screen!

Make sure you get ALL of your lab results and post them here, along with the so-called "normal" ranges for your tests - many surgeons SUCK at giving nutritional guidance, and many disasters can be averted by following not only what your lab results are ("normal" or not - when "normal" doesn't mean the same thing for DSers), but also TRENDS - you can see levels dropping before becoming critically low, as it is often MUCH MUCH harder to get levels up after they have tanked.

Chuckling at your name. I have a sister who is a linguist, but um, not of the cunning sort, lol.

Wow, that is great progress. You are certainly making the most of your weight loss window, and it's nice to hear such a nice update.

Latest posts

Back