Rosie O’Donnell reveals she lost 40 pounds after having vertical gastric sleeve surgery in 2013

Are you freaking KIDDING ME, Will?? Are you SERIOUS??? The DS is a standard of care procedure FOR ANYONE WHO QUALIFIES FOR BARIATRIC SURGERY, which provides the BEST quality of life, the BEST chance for resolution of comorbidities, and the most DURABLE weight loss of all of the surgeries. IT MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT RESERVED FOR THOSE NEEDING TO LOSE 100+ POUNDS - IN FACT, IT IS MORE TAILORABLE THAN ANY OF THE OTHER SURGERIES, AND THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF LIGHTWEIGHTS WITH LESS THAN 100 LBS EXCESS WEIGHT WHO'VE HAD DS TO PROVE IT.

AND PS: If you don't know what you're talking about, STFU before spewing misinformation.

The DS is being done on normal weight people, for Type 2 Diabetes and high cholesterol. Not in the US, though. Our pharmaceutical companies lobby against that.

Duodenal Switch-The strongest and most effective bariatric surgery currently available. Generally reserved for those needing to lose 100+ lbs or more.
I am a lightweight AND a DS'er...I fired the first surgeon I saw cause he gave me that same crap about the DS being JUST for heavyweights.

it's a weight loss surgery (WLS) that there is a lot of misinformation about. I've even heard it makes people type in red letters and swear.

but the reality is, it just makes it so you don't absorb most of the fat you eat. so you eat a high fat diet (low carb) and still lose weight. :rtfm:

and it cures diabetes, cool huh? I didn't have one but a lot of people here did.

Anyhoo when I saw that Rosie had surgery I was hoping it was the DS. When I saw it was the sleeve I wondered why, oh why did she NOT have the DS. I also wonder if Roseanne Barr may have had a revision to the DS. She had the bypass in the late 1990's and lost weight but then regained. In the last 2-3 years she has lost a lot of weight and seems to be keeping it off. Just wondering. I am surprised that more celebrities don't have WLS, especially the DS. I know for so many it seems insurance/finances are what the hold up's are.

Latest posts

Back