Rosie O’Donnell reveals she lost 40 pounds after having vertical gastric sleeve surgery in 2013

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Rosie O’Donnell reveals she lost 40 pounds after having vertical gastric sleeve surgery in 2013

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...0-lbs-surgery-article-1.1615467#ixzz2tQWzylrK

O’Donnell has lost forty pounds since having vertical gastric sleeve surgery in July 2013, and has seen her weight drop from 230 pounds to 190 pounds. People reports that the surgery involved the removal of about 80 percent of the patient’s stomach, creating a “small sleeve-shaped stomach the size of a banana.”

[/URL]

hurray!!

now, how to get her here and posting?! !!! gah, after reading that I thought - she should have gone for a DS.

all the more reason she needs to come here.

well...40 pounds isn't a very typical result for a virgin VSG honeymoon. :087: makes you think she needed more.

Well, according to google, she's 5'7"...which at 230 would give her a 36 BMI...a true LW. She still needs to get down to 159 to no longer be overweight. Her wilipedia page said she was espousing whole foods, and a plant based diet. I just really hope she knows she needs vitamins as well.

I'm thinking there ARE some celebrities with the DS, they just lurk and don't post due to privacy issues. Some probably even just admit to having only the sleeve and not the DS because of the fart-drama surrounding our surgery. That's just my sneaking suspicion.

interesting, Sheanie, I wonder about that. my guess, though, would be that they mostly don't know about it - just like the rest of the world.

I'm sure they're being sold the same way we are (I was)...that the vsg is less invasive...let's do that first and if you need more, we can complete it to a DS later. Like the chef graham Elliot - told a vsg was his best option so he could retain his taste buds and he wouldn't have any food aversions - so it would work well with his livelihood.

I saw the interview with her and she was really angry towards Star Jones formerly of The View for saying she lost 100+ lbs by "dieting and doing pilates." Jones finally came clean and admitted to having had "bypass surgery", which I assumed was a Roux-En-Y procedure. But it does show how the Hollywood crowd hides their bariatric surgeries from the public. Damn shame too, because they could really help spread the word that TRUE help is available for morbid obesity. Soooo many of us have been told repeatedly to "just cut back a little and exercise more!". Bah!!!

Well, according to google, she's 5'7"...which at 230 would give her a 36 BMI...a true LW. She still needs to get down to 159 to no longer be overweight. Her wilipedia page said she was espousing whole foods, and a plant based diet. I just really hope she knows she needs vitamins as well.
She was 280 pre-op if she was an ounce. Which makes me think she's still at least 220 now.

I'm thinking there ARE some celebrities with the DS, they just lurk and don't post due to privacy issues. Some probably even just admit to having only the sleeve and not the DS because of the fart-drama surrounding our surgery. That's just my sneaking suspicion.
What is DS and what does it mean thank you.

Latest posts

Back