RNY specific groups?

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
Hey RNYers, or people who are in the know!

An old friend of mine reached out to me yesterday to ask for advice on diet & weight loss, as well as some tummy problems, after RNY 4 months ago. (Apparently she saw on FB that I'm a member of the DS group, which bugs me because I thought that group was secret, but not a huge deal). I gave her a little but of advice, but I told her she should really join some support groups to get RNY specific advice & support. Any FB groups than anyone can recommend? Of course she said she'd prefer a secret group, how ironic ;)

Some DS groups are not secret but just closed...if just closed, people can see who is a member but not who has posted and what they posted. Secret means they can't see anything about the group at all.

The ONLY marginally RNY group is NOT one I recommend. Its actually for all surgeries but very heavy on the RNY and VSG...and they are almost all newbies or the clueless.

@Hala and/or @MsJacquiiC MIGHT know since both are RNY'ers.

<----------------

Some of us were RNYers before becoming DSers and are willing to help a sista out if we can. Not naming names or anything :)

I'm trying to think of some RNYers I respect from OH who might have a recommendation. @Hala , what do you think?

Martitalinda on OH has been around a long time and has a good head on her shoulders.

NO, it isn't wrong...if they show up on their own, fine but to lead family here may not be what someone wants OR needs.
I have mixed opinions, I feel like I'm being selfish, but at the same time, there's lots of private thoughts shared here that I don't give most people access to. Hmmm

I have mixed opinions, I feel like I'm being selfish, but at the same time, there's lots of private thoughts shared here that I don't give most people access to. Hmmm

Being online is a funny thing. I try not to say anything dishonest whilst at the same time being smart-ish. I am a chronic over-sharrer though lol. IRL people haven't found me here that I know of, but I haven't made it a secret either as I link my blog to here and most of my peeps know about my blog.

It's tough, maybe send her to OH since it is very pro-RNY

Being online is a funny thing. I try not to say anything dishonest whilst at the same time being smart-ish. I am a chronic over-sharrer though lol. IRL people haven't found me here that I know of, but I haven't made it a secret either as I link my blog to here and most of my peeps know about my blog.

It's tough, maybe send her to OH since it is very pro-RNY
WOW! Just seeing your blog. And What. A. Transformation! Amazing really. I noticed you created a BF Photo Album too. Will have to check it out a little later. But wow. Amazing transformation. I bet you feel on top of the world! You should. Holla @ me if ever you want to customize the look of your blog ;)

As for the op... I don't really do any RNY support groups. I have my own forum that catered to RNY support - but had an issue with a hosting company that basically had a HUGE screwup, lost all our site data - so I had to start from scratch, rebuilding the forum with only a corrupt database. It took 2 months to rebuild the site and when I reopened it... It just wasn't the same - it seemed like everyone had lost interest. So I closed the forum to new registrations. It's only online now as a database of info basically. And the info is probably outdated ((sigh...)) I don't know if I'll ever reopen it at this point.

The only support group I really know of is Dr. Boyce's Yahoo Group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/KnoxvilleWLS/info
There's not much happening there at the moment - but whenever I had questions about the RNY - I'd post to the group and usually they're pretty good with responding back with sound advise and encouragement.

J.

Latest posts

Back