Really Tums and Viactive as your Calcuim

Charris

Now an angel
Today A post from the FB group caught my eye. The person is saying they get sick from Calucim the only that works for her is TUMS. So then someone chimes in and says my surgeon says use Viactive. The someone cosigned that saying my Nut told me to use Viactive too. BABY JESUS really? I attempted to explain that we need calcuim citrate which Tums and Viactive is not. Then just got frustrated and told them if you insists on throwing away your money at least get a bone scan now so you will have something to prove to the doctor that jacked you up, years later when you end up with Osteo. or a fracture.

Now I see why you true Vets have been so frustrated with the FB Groups.

Last edited:
I can understand why the misinformation is out there. I saw my PCP yesterday to get a prescription of calcium citrate as I explained that carbonate is a no good for a DSer and he looked at me like I was stupid and said 'they wouldn't make if it wasn't any good'.

He totally refused to listed and thinks that one batch a day is plenty!! SMDH :ahhhhhhh:

We'd be the same if we didn't have the vets... listening to docs and nuts... what was that about eating low fat?

My heart aches for some of these folks. They don't do their homework and depend on doctors to know it all. Then they are offended if the vets try to save them later grief.

My heart aches for some of these folks. They don't do their homework and depend on doctors to know it all. Then they are offended if the vets try to save them later grief.

This lady that stopped vitamins ALL together and gets ALL her nutrients through her food states that it is specially made for her and she did research.

Some people refuse to take any responsibility for their own health. The other thing I keep on hearing is juicing.... A total waste for almost everyone! And those damn Flintstones!

Things will keep on changing as time goes on and they see longer term postops. You should have seen what I was originally told to take when I was brand new! After a long time on citrate only, I now take a combo of citrate, carbonate, and apatite. That seems to work much better for me than citrate alone.

Some people refuse to take any responsibility for their own health. The other thing I keep on hearing is juicing.... A total waste for almost everyone! And those damn Flintstones!

Things will keep on changing as time goes on and they see longer term postops. You should have seen what I was originally told to take when I was brand new! After a long time on citrate only, I now take a combo of citrate, carbonate, and apatite. That seems to work much better for me than citrate alone.

Funny Munchkin When I had my distal RNY 15 years ago Dr. Juarez told me to take Flinstone chewables.

I am chugging right along, thanks. How are you feeling?

The usual something is always wrong with me. Weight Loss Surgery wise feeling decent. But had the female surgery and now bleeding from both ends. I swear if it aint one thing its another. Im so darn scared Im going to finally get it together and someone will say sorry ma'am you have terminal something and 6 months to live. Im like how do you bleed if they sear the uterus and out my back side. I know too much information.

The usual something is always wrong with me. Weight Loss Surgery wise feeling decent. But had the female surgery and now bleeding from both ends. I swear if it aint one thing its another. Im so darn scared Im going to finally get it together and someone will say sorry ma'am you have terminal something and 6 months to live. Im like how do you bleed if they sear the uterus and out my back side. I know too much information.

I have never had an ablation but, why on earth are you bleeding from the rectum? Have you spoken to your doctor about that? That is worrisome.

@newanatomy I don't have a clue. It's been like 6 weeks now. Vaginal and rectal when Dr goes searching it stops so I have an emergency appt. Today at 230. He kept saying he needed to see me when it's actually doing it to find where it's coming from. Also he has scheduled a coloniscopy. So hopefully they will figure out soon. I'm really scared because a few people in my family died of cancers in those areas colon, prostate. I know I don't have a prostate bUT colon?.....I just don't know :dontknow:

@newanatomy I don't have a clue. It's been like 6 weeks now. Vaginal and rectal when Dr goes searching it stops so I have an emergency appt. Today at 230. He kept saying he needed to see me when it's actually doing it to find where it's coming from. Also he has scheduled a coloniscopy. So hopefully they will figure out soon. I'm really scared because a few people in my family died of cancers in those areas colon, prostate. I know I don't have a prostate bUT colon?.....I just don't know :dontknow:

What did you find out? I hope you are okay!!

Latest posts

Back