Reaching Out...

DuodenalSwitchaRoo

Taking a long scenic route!
I've been lurking...a lot. I've been trying to come up with the words to say.

My emotions are all over the place, though mostly down. Not suicidal down or anything like that, just more blah...melancholic...I feel no motivation or ambition for ANYTHING.

I've been great about getting my protein in, but I have tried some forbidden foods...and they brought me no joy at all. Tasted fine, didn't die of methane overdose or anything.....but it didn't DO IT for me any more.

I also tolerate codeine differently. I still take it for my arthritis, but I don't get the warm fuzzy feeling I used to get when I took it. It used to inspire me to organise, do homework, be social..etc...and now the only thing I get from it is some pain relief, though less than I used to.

I have nothing that makes me "feel good" any more. I haven't had spousal relations since pre op and thats bugging me...we've never gone more than 5 weeks and that was when I had my sleeve. That might be tmi but it's bugging me....and it's because of me....I feel so self ware of how much my wound stinks (not infection stink, but dry blood stink...like a heavy period).

I'm feeling a bit defeated thinking my weight loss days are over. I'm not myself lately which is why I have not posted. Normally Im a chipper Pollyanna type, but right now I feel lost, and sad, and kinda hopeless.

My GP took bloods, everything looks great but that was sorta expected so early out. I see my surgeon early June, it was supposed to be today but I got a letter yesterday postponing it.

The hand is still lame, but the pain is less. it used to be so painful at night, but now it's just lame. I am forcing myself to use it so that if this is permanent I can at least sort of use it. The consensus is that it is carpal tunnel and that the way I was flopping my arm while unconscious could have triggered it.

Sorry to be so whingy, I just need some hugs as I feel really really lost in life and not excited about anything.

I'm 6months out from the DS, and I'm slightly the same way. I think this is all triggered by hormones leaving from the weightloss. I'm a huge music person, last night I skipped a concert I have been waiting for for months because I just didn't have the want to go. I haven't done anything with my significant other since the surgery...I have no want at all. UGH It's frustrating for him, I know but he's being a trooper. So trust me, I know how you feel. Sorry to hear about your arm/hand. I have cubital tunnel syndrome myself and it sucks. I drop a lot of things and randomly have pain or numbness in my hand and/or arm. I'm sure it will pass, but we just have to stay strong and truck along.

<3 hang in there.

big hugs!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Roo))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I think there will be a lot more up & down to come but you can get through it. you whinge all you want (you so British!)

hug1.jpg

Totally normal, because hormones are flying all over the place during rapid weight loss. They are stored in fat, which you're burning now. Drink ALOT of water to flush that shit out of your system. How's your labs? Iron and ferritin low? That's depressing by itself, so get that checked. Go for infusions if you must.

And have "relations". Nothing makes you feel better than getting laid. Seriously, I'm old, so I know these things. You need your eyes rolled back in your head once, then you'll feel chipper again, at least about that. An old woman once told me to use salad oil instead of expensive lube in the bedroom. It doesn't get sticky like KY, and it washes off easy. It's slipperier, too. Us old women know things. Sex is better post-DS. If you can't get "relations", settle for some serious pillow talk. Do you have a TV in the bedroom? Move it out if it's interfering.

Nothing makes my day better than getting fitted with a new bra. When was the last time you got one? The "girls" are probably swimming in your current one. I know I went through several bra sizes on my way down. And buy some matching panties while you're at it. Makes you feel pretty to match. Pretty soon yours should be falling off, and you will need all new ones, anyway.

I've been lurking...a lot. I've been trying to come up with the words to say.

My emotions are all over the place, though mostly down. Not suicidal down or anything like that, just more blah...melancholic...I feel no motivation or ambition for ANYTHING.

I've been great about getting my protein in, but I have tried some forbidden foods...and they brought me no joy at all. Tasted fine, didn't die of methane overdose or anything.....but it didn't DO IT for me any more.

I also tolerate codeine differently. I still take it for my arthritis, but I don't get the warm fuzzy feeling I used to get when I took it. It used to inspire me to organise, do homework, be social..etc...and now the only thing I get from it is some pain relief, though less than I used to.

I have nothing that makes me "feel good" any more. I haven't had spousal relations since pre op and thats bugging me...we've never gone more than 5 weeks and that was when I had my sleeve. That might be tmi but it's bugging me....and it's because of me....I feel so self ware of how much my wound stinks (not infection stink, but dry blood stink...like a heavy period).

I'm feeling a bit defeated thinking my weight loss days are over. I'm not myself lately which is why I have not posted. Normally Im a chipper Pollyanna type, but right now I feel lost, and sad, and kinda hopeless.

My GP took bloods, everything looks great but that was sorta expected so early out. I see my surgeon early June, it was supposed to be today but I got a letter yesterday postponing it.

The hand is still lame, but the pain is less. it used to be so painful at night, but now it's just lame. I am forcing myself to use it so that if this is permanent I can at least sort of use it. The consensus is that it is carpal tunnel and that the way I was flopping my arm while unconscious could have triggered it.

Sorry to be so whingy, I just need some hugs as I feel really really lost in life and not excited about anything.

I'm new but, Hugs. I haven't had my surgery yet, and I wish I were where you are! Look how far you've come. Maybe get outside. Look at the beauty around you. It always helps me with dose of sunshine. Maybe plant some flowers in a pot as a new, new beginning! You can do it, because you're awesome. And never forget, we all feel like this at times. Get up, dust off and continue being beautiful. ♥♥♥

I'm thinking of you, my friend. I agree with buying yourself some pretties -- nothing makes me feel better than that!
I'm sure your weight loss days aren't over. Why do you say that?
Remember the hormone dump is unreal right now!!! Try to be kind to yourself and hang in there until your excitement level returns.

Hugs hugs hugs -- this too will pass!!!

Roo, I doubt your weight loss days are OVER...you are right at the three month mark and many stall at this point. It's like your body needs a break and a breather to regroup.

I have been wondering where you were and was getting ready to ask. Are you on anti-depressants? If so, your dosage may need adjusting. If not, get on some for a while. (I can't remember if y9u said this somewhere else) You also may need a little stronger pain med. They seem to travel through the system faster with some people, almost like taking 1/2 a dose. Maybe a light box? I needed one when I lived in Oregon, not enough sunshine.

Here's your hug:upload_2014-5-2_14-6-14.jpeg

I'm on antidepressants, but I did speak to my dr yesterday and told her we may need to increase. I am coping, but just. I see her on the 19th and will know for sure if this is a blip or if I need help.

chev, are you uploading directly from your computer? I think most of us upload to photobucket and link it in that way.

Thanks for the hugs everyone. I hope I feel like myself at least by summer.

Big big (((HUGS)))).
I hit a period of depression about the same time out. Hormones, I'm sure had a lot to do with it. I almost felt like I was mourning the 'fat Pam' and the life she had endured.
Upped my antidepressant, forced myself to get out more, went shopping for better fitting clothes ( sadly no sex for me :confused:), but those things did help. Be patient with yourself and vent all you need to. Your body has and is undergoing a great upheaval.

Why do my pics come up so weird? Am I "special " ?
That is because you are uploading directly from your computer (which uses space on the server) instead of loading them to photobucket and linking them from there and letting it take space on the photobucket server.

Latest posts

Back