Random chattering...way too long.

No!

I think maybe I've been reading/posting a LITTLE less frequently.

I have been on the Injured List for a while and I'm trying to catch up with work around here. AND, these damned food lists. I'm getting better with all my conflicting dietary restrictions, but jeeze...

The Low FODMAPS Diet restricts short-chain carbohydrates (lactose, fructose and sorbitol, fructans and GOS.)
The Low Fiber-Low Residue Diet restricts all grains and seeds and high-fiber foods, like whole-grain breads and cereals, nuts, raw or dried fruits, and vegetables.
I'm pretty sure the Low Oxalate Diet allows me to eat only those things that are prohibited on the other diets.
And, there's another diet that I think is really just a list of everything that bothered anyone else with the same bladder disease.

Bottom line: I'm half-Mexican and half-Italian and I can't eat onions, garlic or the skin or seeds of a tomato. I think that covers the basics of the problem.

AND, apparently, I'm supposed to cook. This takes time and, sometimes, all that standing makes my back hurt. I need to find a place to buy cannibis. I have some salve. And a little bit of a vape thingy. And I don't use it often, but it DOES help me cut down on opioids. So I should probably use it more often...and it's legal here...but I don't know what cities allow its sale.

TMI? Sorry.

I have a complicated relationship with my younger sisters (twins). My dad sobered up after they were born. They love him! I despise both of my parents - my dad for being an abusive, drunken asshole and my mom for not leaving him.

The twins grew up with two completely different parents than I did.

I have tried not to color the relationships of my three children with my parents, but they have come to the same view I have: my parents are really fucked up.

For many years, I cut off contact with my family, and only slowly reconnected in the last three years or so.

It doesn't help that we (the three kids) are opposed in pretty much all ways, and have very little in common to talk about. The common experiences that we've had are bad! Both of my younger sisters have been fired from jobs in the last few months. I've been fired a lot, so I'd like to talk to them about it, but I also think that's kind of fucked up. "Hey I heard you got a boot in your ass, let's compare bootprints!"

Tonight, on 60 Minutes, I think, I learned about ACE scores. (And to stop asking "Why are you acting that way?" and start asking "What happened to you?")

Here's the short, 10-Question ACE test:

https://acestoohigh.com/got-your-ace-score/

Though we all have our own challenges, sorrows and indignities to bear, wow, the ACE questions drive home what a rough start some have. I try to never forget Thoreau's words: “The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things..”

Last edited:
Tonight, on 60 Minutes, I think, I learned about ACE scores. (And to stop asking "Why are you acting that way?" and start asking "What happened to you?")

Here's the short, 10-Question ACE test:

https://acestoohigh.com/got-your-ace-score/

Well, this happened. Out of curiosity, I took the ACE survey and my score was 4. Actually, this explains a lot. And considering the content of the questions, I feel fortunate to only have four.

I'm very lucky - although our house was chaotic, and corporal punishment was common (usually with hands to butts, or perhaps a belt to the butt - my mother hit me once when I was an adult, but still living at home for the summer from college, but it was not a beating - but she WAS bigger than me), and my parents fought in ways that were emotionally mean to each other and very very occasionally physical, I didn't see my mother as being victimized (she was meaner to my father than he was to her - he was usually being defensive, and they were fairly equal in size) - I was afraid they would divorce, for sure (they eventually did, but not until we were all grown). I would give a 0.5 for the first 2 questions.

Sadly, my kids's scores would be higher than mine. And I'm truly ashamed of allowing it to go on for as long as I did, thinking he'd get better. And I did spank occasionally.

I think most of us don't get out of childhood unscathed.

Latest posts

Back