Prick of the Year

k9ophile

Disclaimer: I love my DH. He listens to Rush Lardbutt, but I still love my husband.

I'm ironing a shirt and feeling old so I'm not in a good mood. Ironing is something I did many, many years ago. DH has the radio on and listening to Rush Lardbutt. Rush and his caller are talking about women's soccer. Surely that is a topic that would bring out the pricks. Caller says if they women want more money, they need to glam it up by wearing short shorts, push-up sport bras, and make-up (to include false eyelashes). His reasoning is that more MEN would watch if the team did that. And I'm pretty sure he was dead serious.

Lardbutt agrees because who wants to watch lesbians with purple hair and nose rings? Not even most women want to watch women's soccer because they aren't attracted to lesbians with purple hair and nose rings. Also Trump should NOT invite purple-haired lesbians with nose rings to the White House.

No mention of money generated by women's sports that may influence prize money. No mention of the women's team number of championships compared to the men's team. (Well, maybe. I'm only reporting the brief bit I heard. HEARD, not listened. But I did hear enough not to take the comments out of context.)

:ahhhhhhh::badlanguage::wall::fighting0076::mad0066: I think I've reached the number of emoticons allowed by the TOS, but it's OK. I didn't see one for vomiting. There might be one, yet the first five will do.

Last edited:
Why let a caller from a radio program get you so upset? It sounds like a joke anyway.
It didn't sound like a joke. Seriously, that was my first thought that the guy was be satirical. The more I heard, the more serious he became. I hope I never become so complacent that rabid misogyny just rolls off my back. Anger turned into action just may change things. But that's just me

Why let a caller from a radio program get you so upset? It sounds like a joke anyway.
Hosts of, and callers to, that type of program really believe that crap. Even if they don’t. That may sound strange but...two men I know who listen to Hannity and Limbaugh et al are...
#1–my homophobic, former Navy Seal, gay handyman. As long as nobody knows HE’S part of the hated demographic, he’s really into that stuff; and,
#2–my born-again, evangelical, idiot nephew who flunked out of the Air Force, got arrested for depositing the money orders he stole into his own checking account, spends a fortune on christian rock concerts and who MIGHT BE asexual, but is more likely gay and so deep into the closet he can’t find the door...and hopes no one knows he’s there.

Just like those Bible-thumping preachers who rant against the Sodomites right up until they get caught with the pool boy are serious. Projection.

But I wonder about some of these straight (?) guys. The other day, Mr. Sue shared a comment he made on some online group. Some guy was blasting some outspoken woman/women and Mr. Sue said, “Real men aren’t afraid of strong women. In fact, they marry them.”

I’m going to keep him a while longer.

Spiky Bugger When I first heard the comments, I was quite amused because I really thought it was satirical commentary. Then I realized it wasn't.

When I was living in CO, there was a honking big cross that people were freaking out over because they thought it was sponsored by some government agency. It wasn't. It was on private land erected by some supposedly Christian pillar of the community who routinely sexually assaulted his daughter. Marilyn Van Derbur, Miss Colorado 1957, Miss America 1958. Her sister was also a victim of incest. Now whenever I see a huge cross, I wonder who put it up and what is that person trying to hide behind the guise of being a good Christian?

Mr. K9 also got an education from the attempted assaults on me while in the USAF. I took no shit from men who out ranked me and assaulted me. Their character was well known and it would not have ended well for some of them. I remember the First Sergeant trying to impress a group of men while he attempted to give me shit. I threw it back at him and he got all puffed up with veins popping out and demanding to be treated with the respect due a First Sergeant. I told when he acted like one, I'd give him that respect, but as long as he acted like a pig, I'd treat him like one. Now the good ol' boy network kept some of the group silent at the time. Yet later, they told me I handled the situation just fine.

I have friends who "media fast". Turn off or stop all media for a set period of time. They are the happiest people I know.

I just cannot understand where all this severe hatred comes from, on both sides. We truly are a country rotting from the inside out. It baffles me that actors and actresses think I need to know what they believe. Just effing entertain me! We have more in common than we realize. It shows when there is a crisis.

This is why I am off all social media except here, and this is rare.

I have friends who "media fast". Turn off or stop all media for a set period of time. They are the happiest people I know.

I just cannot understand where all this severe hatred comes from, on both sides. We truly are a country rotting from the inside out. It baffles me that actors and actresses think I need to know what they believe. Just effing entertain me! We have more in common than we realize. It shows when there is a crisis.

This is why I am off all social media except here, and this is rare.
I "media fast" quite a bit. This unfortunate situation was somewhat unavoidable. DH needs new hearing aids, thus he turns the volume up. Maybe I should invest in some noise cancelling headphones since I'm the one who doesn't want to hear that shit.

We media fast on occasion. Did all last week cause no OTA channels in the area, iffy internet, and LTE was painful.

I read and played games. Dh did manage some You Tubes but most of his are about super duty trucks, towing big rigs, or drooling over new coaches.

We are currently in an RV park in Loomis CA (Sierra foothills between Sacramento and Reno), and the trees in the lovely shaded pull through site TOTALLY BLOCKED OUR DISH SATELLITE! I spent an inordinate amount of time McGyvering a solution to not having TV, at least in the bedroom. (Charles and I have 2 TVs in the RV set up so that we can watch different channels - he’s SOL.)

And now I know how to access our home Cox programs in a non-Cox area, and that our hotspot can be forced to stably stream TV to my laptop (requires multiple reboots of laptop and jetpack), and how to connect my laptop with an HDMI cord to the TV.

I’m feeling very competent, but Charles is snorting at my obsession.

Latest posts

Back