PPIs & antacids

I am only 2 months post-op and right now trying to stay on top of my vitamins has been a chore. I got labs done, and my doctor's nurse called me 2 days after to tell me I am low on Vit D, Potassium, Iron, and need to add a b-complex....yet my b-12 is high. I ordered Biotech D-50, the Vitron-C from Amazon.....waiting for it.
I would get a hard copy...you need to know WHICH B's cause adding without knowing can land you with HIGH B6 and that is AS bad as low B12.

I would get a hard copy...you need to know WHICH B's cause adding without knowing can land you with HIGH B6 and that is AS bad as low B12.
I am Tuesday. I tried getting a copy from the hospital I had the blood drawn and they said all labs were the property of the doctor ordering them, and refused to give them to me. So now I have to wait for my appt. My doctors office had no issue about giving them to me.

I am only 2 months post-op and right now trying to stay on top of my vitamins has been a chore. I got labs done, and my doctor's nurse called me 2 days after to tell me I am low on Vit D, Potassium, Iron, and need to add a b-complex....yet my b-12 is high. I ordered Biotech D-50, the Vitron-C from Amazon.....waiting for it.
I had low potassium early out, first 6 to 8 months that I had to take the dissolveable tablets(prescription from Dr) for 1 tablet per day for a week a few months apart. It helped with muscle cramps I was having quickly too. I was eating bananas but they filled me up so quickly it just wasn't helpful. Low iron is common for us and if your not absorbing oral iron (like a lot of DSer's) you may eventually need iron infusions.

I tried getting a copy from the hospital I had the blood drawn and they said all labs were the property of the doctor ordering them, and refused to give them to me. So now I have to wait for my appt.

that really makes me mad - glad your doctor's office will do it

I still think the taste is blah, but I use ice and a cup of water with a tablespoon of Braggs ACV. If I use more water I feel like it doesnt work as well, if I do it as a shot- BLECH. I just can't. Find the right balance that you can tolerate. Good luck y'all.

Well, I tried the braggs today. From what people were saying, I thought out would be awful. But, to me it just tastes like vinegar. I like vinegar so I really did not mind it. I drank it straight, about an ounce.

I want to add a caveat here: I don't think I would do this early out from surgery. You probably wouldn't want to anyway but just in case, I would check with my surgeon before trying this on a unhealed stomach.

I knew that, I just added my post for any newbies that might be reading. :biggrin:

I know you know that:D But, you are right, newbies probably should not be dumping that on a fresh tummy. Sigs with surgery dates are not showing up on a lot of smart phones and I wanted those who might not see it to know.

I didn't have heart burn issues much before surgery, but since if I miss my daily Prilosec, I know it. I am 10 1/2 weeks post-op, do you think I could try vinegar? Or should I wait? I eat pickles just fine, lol.

Latest posts

Back